• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Latest Scape

zozo

My girlfriend was complaining that she was out of Bath Salt.. I immediately took action :) i made a new scape..

Tank - 300 ml triangular open top solid glass
Light - Old Pixar Style
Soil - Gravel/Sand mix and Colombo Pro Scape powder type

Filtration - 10ml Syringe, 2 x a day 20% water change

Flora - Rotala Indica Bonsai, Rotale Mexicana Goias and Hemianthus callitrichoides Cuba.

Fauna - 2 Lymnaea Pygmea and 15 Daphnia's..

Wk0g07t.jpg

uNsncdf.jpg

gmOYx2X.jpg

:)

Hi Greenfinger.. Haha Thank you! :) I just couldn't get it over my heart to throw the cuttings of that lovely Rotala away.. That empty bath salt bottle was my chance, to have a little fun.. I don't expect much from it, but i'll see how long i can manage to keep it alive. :)

That would realy look stunning, i guess if i get them to grow in there eventualy they have to com out. I'll keep you posted.. :) But if they wont do long i know that already.. Tried it before with pickerel weed and a fat viviparus snail in a about 10 liter glass (without goldfish ofcourse) bowl.. The snail did good even gave birth to a lot of baby's But the Pickerel dried and deid out after a few weeks.. :) Those Rotala's might survive that in a bowl and only 2/3 filled, they don't grow so tall.. That's actualy a nice idea to try. Hmmm now i have to find me a bowl again somewhere.. :) Thanks for the reminder..

I'm keeping track of the moist and temps lately an inch above the watersurface from the tank with a small electronic temp/hygrometer, to see if a small delicate Lowland Nephentes would be able to survive there. It's less than i expected, lights on water temp 24.6c is around 50% air moist and 23c air temp above and about 65% at night. When tank temp rises it doesn't make so much diffence. I'm afraid it's not enough for that species above an open tank. And a lowland Nepenthes will suffer in anything under 90% and a highlander wont stand the high night temp above the warm tank water. Maybe a bigger tank with more surface will do better.

Last edited:
Added some Ricia (stone) and a tiny peace of floating Butterfly fern. :)
pXOUWWt.jpg

And changed the lamp in a 48 watt 8000k halogene bulb.
BsJl4s4.jpg

I realy wonder if i get ti to root or if it will melt... (The cuttings had none) But it's bubbling nicely. There is something going on in there.
a3uVuL1.jpg

That Salvinia realy seeemt to love it in this tiny bottle.. And the glass is so thick i misjudged the contents. It's less the 150ml water in there. :)
Look at the color and roots shooting and new leaves comming in about 2 days time.. Unbelievable!?
ygq6GKN.jpg

7GN402G.jpg

That little bottle is doing surprisingly good. :) See the difference in 4-5 days from saterday till now.
RHLU0TJ.jpg

The salvinia more than doubled in size.

5bgsdHO.jpg

Ricia went straight up and is bubbling like crazy.

ArePwWT.jpg

And the rotala indica which were rootless clippings are shooting roots.

All i do is once a day a 1/3 water change with fresh Co2 and firt rich water from the tank.
Snails are growing and Daphnia's are still alive..

That little bottle is doing so great i can't be,ieve it myself. :) It stays perfectly algae clean.. I guess i'll have to try, but my next aquarium i'm definitively going to use Dapnias as the first inhabitants to help it cycle.

From all three sides..
FaIHgZk.jpg

EdHa37o.jpg

oLZO6HE.jpg

four that is
IxCKZ8o.jpg

The Salvinaia i already did trim twice it just keeps comming..

dlcNqr4.jpg

Im not sure what i'm going to do with it. I guess i'll going to combine it and put it in another scape.

Make it al whole..
nuBedmt.jpg

Something like this maybe..
1Dnq0jr.jpg

Still got to figure what to put in there more. :) Grass i guess,,

zozo it's great, really great. I really like it placed in the last photo.
Jim
Thanks :) I still need to get it fully dressed. Still thinking about with what it would look best... :) Maybe a small low creeping overhanging Peperomia.. :)

I'll see if i can get it dressed up after this weekend :) I kinda like the boat shape and the bottle fit in there like it is the chimney of te steam boiler.
Usualy they have those small mini's in the garden centres with all kinds of mini growth (just young) plants. I can't seem to find them anymore. Seems like the tiny table garden rage blew over and isn't trendy anymore. Only can find them older and bigger which are to big for my lill projects. Then it will take some time to grow my own babies.
When i get it done i post some pics in full glory.. :) Tuuuuut Tuuuuut!! Got to mount me a fog horn on it..

Did order me some live spaghnum yesterday for some other idea and a pygmae drosera and some urtricularia.. Maybe i can put some of it in there as well.. We'll see..

Last edited:
Both nice plants zozo, I've never really checked out bladderwort, great little plants. Really like the drosera, lovely little rosette.
Jim

Back