• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My low-tech Excel based planted aquarium

Ovidiu

Hello,

I finally moved to a new appartment and the first thing i did was setting up my aquarium :D. Before i had a low tech low light 30 L with no added liquid carbon and it worked great. Now i am trying to give plants a little extra with the addition of liquid carbon and see how it works.

Aquarium: Aquatlantis 100 @ 100 liters

Light: Odyssea 2x39 w (only using 1 osram 865 - 6 hours a day for the first week)

Substrate: I am using a mixture of 2 different substrates (very cheap) bought from a big pet shop here in France. One of them is dirt and the other is something like crushed lava rocks, both loaded with nutrients.

Ferts: Ei Dosing Macro + Micro 5ml/ 4 days/week.

Co2: Seachem Excel 3ml/ day.

Filtration: JBL E1501 filled with rings and already established from the previous aquarium.

Plants: Java Fern, Sagittaria subulata, Crypt brown, crypt willisii, crypt wenditii var. gecko, anubias barteri var barteri, anubias gracilis, heteranthera zosterifolia, ludwigia palustris, hydrocotyle leucocephala, hydrocotyle tripartita.

Fishes: 10 Neons cardinal and 1 angel fish.

The only problem i have is that i do not really know how much ferts to dose per day. I am planning on changing the water once every 2,3 weeks so my head tells me that i should lower to something around 2 ml per day but i also know that java ferns are quite hungry when it comes to ferts... What would you recommend?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

hébergement gratuit

I would keep dosing at 5 ml every other day +Excel daily or every other day for low tech NON CO2 injected.

@roadmaster
Thank you. I will continue this dosing routine untill the end of the month and we ll see what happens.

Back