• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

my mbuna scape

alan_uk

hi all aint been on for a while but have recently gone back to cichlids as thats were i feel comfortable

this is my 38"x20"x20" 57g mbuna planted set up

substrate is fine river sand
rock is grey mountain rockery rock
plants are needle leaf java fern , anubius nana and anubius nana petite

fish are

3 yellow lab juvies
2 yellow tail acei juvies
2 white tail acei juvies
1 red tail black shark 2"

i know its not the usual on here but thought i would share anyway

pics are not best quality as taken with phone and water is still a little cloudy will get some better later when cleared and digi cam is charged :)

080410142711.jpg

080410142727.jpg

080410143406.jpg

080410143422.jpg

enjoy and any comments criticism welcomed :)

Wow, thats such a simple yet beautiful setup.

What are Chichlids like to keep, especially personallity wise?

Are they compatible with more heavy planting and shrimp etc?

they are really nice to keep especially the more placid mbunas such as labs, acei, salousi, and i have also had blue dolphins in the past which are really nice

with plants its really hit n miss ive had success with anubius ,java fern , crypts and vallis with mine but ive known people who have lost the fight with ferns in the past.

with shrimp its a simple no no they will eat them as soon as they enter the tank

maybe with dwarf american cichlids you will get away with shrimp as i have with rams and kribs in the past and also had firemouths with shrimp.

i also had convicts with red claw crabs too

tiger barbs, red tail black sharks, silver dollars, tinfoil barbs, bristle nose pleco's and golden algae eaters have also been kept with the less aggresive mbuna although have been said not to be compatible :)

Back