• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape My new aquascape

Hi all.

Looking for advice on my new hardscape.

DSCF4706 (Medium).jpeg
View attachment 114952
DSCF4708 (Medium).jpeg
DSCF4710 (Medium).jpeg

Last edited:
Nerijus
dscf4706-medium-jpeg.jpg

First glance I see two hardscapes divided by a narrow straight pathway plus a narrow straight pathway across the front.

LH hardscape
I nice looking shape of rocks at the rear of the tank with three carefully placed rocks across the front.

RH hardscape
Far better a little tweaking and it would be excellent.

Combining the both side including the pathway sorry to say it does not work it has no natural eye flow.

I would remove the central pathway first.
Re shape the front after moving the main rock feature LH end.

Keith:wave::wave:

Hi Keith,
Thanks for the reply.

I will make few changes in hardscape, but I'm going to leave the central pathway for now. It looks straight and not natural now, but after all plants planted it should look more natural.

I'm going to plant the whole area with Micranthemum Monte Carlo and Eleocharis Parvula along pathways. I might introduce few small plants around the stones later, after a dry start, but will try to leave it simple.

Nerius

Nerijus

That is a massive improvement you have followed two basic design rules.
Keep It Simple KIS and Less is More.
A big question why the path and open front I hate to say it but it is completely opposite to the rest of your excellent Aquascape and certainly looks out of place?

Keith:wave::wave:

Hi Keith.

I just wanted to try something different, all my previous aquascapes were without a sand. I will let Monte Carlo grow and cover a bit more of the sand, but I think it looks not so plain/boring with sand.

Back