• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My new shrimps arrived yay!!

So thought would show my new shrimps off to you guys as my hubby has no interest lol and need to show my beautiful shrimpys off to someone pmsl :)
20180608_115027.jpg
20180608_115051.jpg
20180608_115430.jpg
20180608_115022.jpg
20180607_131057.jpg

Nice mix, hope you get lots of interesting babies from the rilis and jellies! Be careful with shrimp though - easy to catch multiple tank syndrome from them - very dangerous disease, especially on the bank balance!

Yes lol wouldnt want to think how much i spent on my two tanks already lol an was told they were red blue rili? And tangerine tigers.

Hopefully the Tangerine Tigers will color up more - present photo they look to be quite low grade BUT some shrimp do take longer to settle in - did you see photos from the seller of actual shrimp selling?

The Red Blue Rili are quite variable in appearance between sellers, there seem to be genetics differences in lines

Shrimp are awesome :)
(note the paler substrate does tend to fade out the shrimp colours as they seem to try to "blend")

Hi yes i saw pictures of them on shrimplands website. They looked very orange. But like you say may take time to settle. I saw a molt other day am assuming this is a good sign lol. Also does anyone know what colour shrimp you would get if i had a black shrimp in with my red blue rili shrimp? Or if i had a blue diamond or velvet in with the rilis? Thanks :) x

Was it shrimp lands that you purchased from?
Hi yes i saw pictures of them on shrimplands website. They looked very orange. But like you say may take time to settle. I saw a molt other day am assuming this is a good sign lol. Also does anyone know what colour shrimp you would get if i had a black shrimp in with my red blue rili shrimp? Or if i had a blue diamond or velvet in with the rilis? Thanks :) x

Shrimp look great! I've heard that when they mix you lose the colours unless they are certain types of shrimp that can't breed together

Hi thanks yeah i know they do but tbh im really not that fussed about that. Its more just for me. Im sure ill have some brown im there but hopeful i will get some nice looking ones too. I recently had to move 9 of my red shrimp in there too, as the fish were eating them in other tank :( although there was alot of moss and hiding places they were still managing to find them. So moved them which i know red shrimp is probably a big no no in a tank with rili and black rose shrimp lol x

Back