• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My precious^^

radu

Seedling
Hello guys,
My second attempt to planted aquarium.Any tips would be appreciated.
Started it 2 days ago

Aquarium Specifications:
-Aquarium - 70x25x30cm
-Lighting - 2x18W 1xSylvania Grolux and 1xOsram 865+jbl Solar Reflect
-Filtration - Aquael Minikani 80
-CO2 -diy , glass diffuser
-Fertilisation - i will start next week with micro (Trace mix)
-Substrate - Jbl Aquabassis+black gravel
-PLants: those are some plants from my last setup but i want to get rid of them and I need help in choosing plants more demanding.I want to chance Marsilea carpet too with HC or Parvula
This tank Inspired me alot (I think andyh recognize it :clap: )
kitchencloseup.th.jpg
And picure of the tank: Next week i want to fill it with plants(sorry for bad quality photo)

29102011009.th.jpg

I have not managed to capture your attention with my first post so this is my update:
Plants:Marsilea
Limnophila Sessiliflora
Riccia
Vallisneria
Diplis Diandra
Blyxa Japonica
POgostenom Helferi
Mayaca Fluviatilis
Hydrocotyle Leucephala
Ludwigia Repens
Ludwigia Cuba
Pogostenom Stellata

And some pictures(only one:D )
04112011016.jpg

04112011010.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
04112011007.jpg

This is not the final arrangement, maybe i will be able to make something less boring with these plants(with your help of course)
Radu

Like the plant selection, :D very pretty. Not sure about the stuff tied up on the LH side. Could you tie that to root or bit of wood or something? Have you grown d Diandra before? Not tried it for a long while, it kept dying on me. I think Ive killed more plants than agent orange! :lol:
Have fun.

jms1971 said:
Not sure about the stuff tied up on the LH side. Could you tie that to root or bit of wood or something? Have you grown d Diandra before?.
Well , it's my first attempt on all of these plants,I hope i will succeed with them.
the stuff tied up is Riccia, Before this i had a setup full of it so...

jms1971 said:
Like the plant selection, :D very pretty.
Thanks , but it looks like a "little Dutch" and i want to make a nature style (with no hardscape at the moment..)but plants needs time to adapt to their new environment first (i hope)

Well , it's my first attempt on all of these plants,I hope i will succeed with them.
the stuff tied up is Riccia, Before this i had a setup full of it so...

Ahh, Never done Riccia. I get where your coming from about the hardscape. More hardscape means less plants as well!
Keep it updated dude, I want to see how it all comes together.
Cheers
jason

Hi all,
Nice plant list, it will probably depend on how good your DIY CO2 is whether they will all grow. I think you will need to feed some macronutrients (nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P) & potassium(K)) as I think "JBL Aquabasis" only contains micro-elements (some-one will need to confirm this as it isn't a substrate I'm familar with). Personally I dose fairly lean, although others will recommend other dosing regimes.

cheers Darrel

Hi!
Yea..big problem with this CO2.. I will purchase a pH and kH test soon
Setup is 1week old and I'm dosing only EC so when should I start dosing my micro(Trace Mix) and macro(PPs-Pro) because I'm afraid of algee(I had big problems with them in my first setup :rolleyes: )

start dosing straight away, and keep up the water changes, daily if possible for the first week or two, then reduce them to every other day, then weekly, But as often as you like( just remember to dose after changing the water, or you could start running lean). Reduce your lighting for the first 3 weeks and up it slowly as the plants get used to co2 levels. It takes a couple of weeks for plants to be able to utilize the co2 available so keep it constant. Increase light slowly. But, if I were you I'd stick with a long term lower level of lighting only. It will give you more room for mistakes.
Keep it clean, Remove algae before it gets established, do a water change, then dose. Repeat.
Good Luck

2 weeks after planting
11112011001.jpg

The plants are growing slowly but surely but the water is full of tiny spots (like tiny CO2bubbles)and it has a cloudy aspect, so i've made daily water changes (50%) this week but i can't see any improvement .You can see in this picture what I'm talking about :

waiting for your reply
Cheers!

Back