• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Tanganyika community

Vyncenze

Not strictly a planted tank, as such. But I thought folk might be interested to see my Tanganyika 350l, it's a little bit of a twist on the usual ocean rock/cobbles.

6245960110_10ceebb6fa_z.jpg

The lighting is provided by 2 Aquarays and 2 AquaFX tubes. It could reasonably be called "low tech" :p No ferts, no CO2 (obviously). pH 8.2, very hard water. Plants are 3 very large Anubias Nana and some Needle leaf Java fern.

Been running a month or so up to now, everything still looking good although there's a bit of BBA knocking around. Fish are currently 12 very young cyprichromis and 10 multies. There's also some horned nerites in there and some tylomelania snails.

6354068277_12166c10bc_z.jpg

6354040375_69d1227a46_z.jpg

Looking good. I rescaped my father's tank (Malawi or Tanganyika, not an expert on that) with lot's of sand, stones and Vallisneria but the Cichlids keep on pulling the plants out of the substrate and digging. Horrible little creatures! :D

Hi,
Looks great :thumbup: have you got another specices in mind to colonise the rock piles? What are the full dimensions of the tank?
Im planning somthing similar in a 4ft tank and struggling to come up scape ideas that look good. This looks pretty spot on.
Thanks for sharing :D
Regards
Ollie

Hi Ollie

It's 150 x 40 x 60 (tall). I'm planning to add a pair of julies, pair of comps/calvus, and a pair of gobies. It's just a question of tracking down the right fish.

Nice. I was thinking white calvus for mine, or gold-heads if I could find some.

Probably Transcriptus for the julies, but not 100% on that yet.

Back