• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

my tank

stemag

this is my set up and my first tank
unfortunatly i didnt find this site untill after i had set up but i have learnt many things since so i am always making small tweeks at the momment i am experimenting with a spray bar across the tank which seems to be working great i made it from b and q pipeing which i will improve when im happy with the out come also i have put my co2 diffuser under the internal pump which goes to the spray bar and that seems to be working also the only issue with this is i get millions of little bubbles all around my tank which im thinking is ok because that means plenty of co2 every where (hope im right )
the tank is 11 weeks old after reading many articles on this site i realised i needed ferts so the fert have been going in for the last 6 weeks i use the EI starters pack untill i understand ferts a bit better .
co2 is run from a 25kg bottle from a place at the bottom of my street (very conveniant) its running about 3bps . ihave a co2 cheker ither side of the tank to make sure co2 is spread evenly

it is a 160 litre tank a metre long 14 inch wide
lighting i have 4 39w bulbs but i only use two at the moment it is onfor 8 hours a day which i think may be a bit to long any advice on this would be welcome
my fillter is a bit small it is a fluval 206 will be changed when funds are a bit better ( or one is donated )
weekly water changes which at the moment i enjoy a little pruning and adjustments ( i imagen this enjoyment will wear of )
fauna
13 neon tetras
4 ottos
4 corries
i did have a small amount of little snails which wernt really a problem but i got 4 assissin snails which done there job but now i miss the little snails
male and female dwarf gourimis
red cherry shrimp was 12 but they keep breeding i counted over 30 yesterday and thats the ones i could see
flora
( why cant they have simple names lo,l)
ha ill start with cuba thats easy but most was used by my gourimi as a nest
pogostemon erectus
marisilla hirsuta
utricularia graminfolin
altermathera renecki
weeping and xmas moss
all these were from green machine 15 mins from me
i also got the other day
pogostem helfri
cryptocoryne amicorum
ludwigia peruviana
from aqua essentials this shop is a bit better on the pocket

so every thing seems ok in the tank if any one can see anything that im doing wrong or that i should change dont be shy i am here to learn
the reason it is called cal in chaos is that it is next to 2 pcs and 1 tv i also have 30 odd grandkids so when i look into the tank the choas dissapears

well i have had a bit of a revamp on me tank took out the big peice of wood and put in a few rocks , glass lilly pipe look a lot better , got to sort the spray bar out ive ordered some clear perspex pipeing to see how that looks in stead of the white one which i tried to say was a white cloud but no one agrees so it has to be clear .every thing seems to be happy in there if anyone can see any errors i have made feel free to let me know as a nube i know things can look ok when actully there not hope you enjoy thanks for looking

Looking really nice and some good growth there stemag :)

Back