• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Trigon golden Ram Garden.

Timms2011

Hiya all,
I'd just like to share with you my little corner tank project before I take it down. I've had it running for almost a year and I've changed the layout from time to time. I'm a complete novice where this is concerned, but I just love aquariums, I've had allot of fun with this aquarium and learnt allot from my mistakes, but fortunately they have not been to severe. Seeing as i took these pictures over the past year on different cameras and phones i'm not sure they will be in the correct order, one thing i can guarantee is the picture quality isn't up to scratch, but I'm sure your get the basic idea.

Equipment:
Trigon 190 with original internal filter or as my wife calls it "The Wheelie Bin"
filtration: Aqua One: Aquis 1050 external filter with Rena Spray bar
Lighting: 2 x T5's with reflectors
Co2: JBL m500 with Pollen glass Diffuser.
Substrate: Power Sand M and Amazonia Soil

Plants are various, I'll keep a note of the plant names I buy from now :thumbup:

This was my 2nd layout in this tank, the first was a little embarrassing :oops:
I was allot happier with this layout, I just went with the flow,
img0418kz.jpg

He knows when its feeding time
img0419pp.jpg

I pulled out the Pogostemon as I'm not really experienced enough to grow this specie effectively, I may have another go in my new aquarium.
img0417sr.jpg

img0530q.jpg

img0325dr.jpg

img0374vc.jpg

So this is why I haven't seen them these past few days :clap:
img0073co.jpg

img0077lo.jpg

Well this is whats been happening in my Aquarium these past 11Months, Its been allot of fun for me :thumbup:

There's a lot of links there, you should try using direct links to post all of them to the page, make it alot easier for everyone to see. Just go on imageshack and it will give you each link to each photo for forums.

I was allot happier with my second layout as I noticed the plant selection suited my experience level more. I went for some built proof plants that weren't so demanding which aloud me to make certain errors without slapping me across the wrists in the form of a algae outbreak. I did up the CO2 a little , i went from 20% to 50% water changes, used some easy Carbo 1ml per 50l and tried my hand at EI dosing using the EI online calculator.. which gave me a return of more vibrant, healthier and crisper looking plants.. I also never really had to pull many dead leaves out unlike before. I think I'm gonna carry what I've learnt across to my new 350l Aquarium which has been running for almost 5weeks now. I'm gonna use slow growing more Jurassic looking plants such as ferns, Anubias and Crypts. I wish i started a journal for this as I could really use some of your advice to help me along the way. Its not fully running so maybe I can come in where I am at present for some hints and tips :thumbup:

KrisHumphreys1991 said:
There's a lot of links there, you should try using direct links to post all of them to the page, make it alot easier for everyone to see. Just go on imageshack and it will give you each link to each photo for forums.
Thank you, I think I've almost got it now :thumbup:

Looks good mate, I like the second layout the most with the gap and the wood in the middle, looks great.
Well done on getting the pictures up :D Much better :D

Looks great, lovely fish! You're lucky that they're breeding :) lots of cute little baby rams to look forward to :D

Do you know what the tall stem plant is on the left by any chance ?

Also, its very very green in there - I like it - but have you ever thought of breaking it up with some red stems ?
PS even if this is not a journal, a lot of people on here will go out of their way to help you. :D

Regards

Timms2011 said:
I wish i started a journal for this as I could really use some of your advice to help me along the way. Its not fully running so maybe I can come in where I am at present for some hints and tips
No problem starting a journal at any stage, get one going, its great for you and everyone elso to monitor progress, solve issues and share experiences! :thumbup:
Nice looking set up, and lovely Rams, you must be very pleased at them spawning.
Cheerio,
Ady.

"Do you know what the tall stem plant is on the left by any chance" ?

If we are looking at the same Picture, I believe it's Juncus Raspens, I really like this plant as it grows very nicely in low light. the tallest green broad leaf plant, I believe its an Echinodorous, which specie I don't know as I never use to really take note. The Plant which makes takes up majority or the aquarium is Hygrophlia Polysperma.. All my plants in my second layout cost no more than 2.50 each and can be found in most LFS

No problem starting a journal at any stage, get one going, its great for you and everyone elso to monitor progress, solve issues and share experiences! :thumbup:

Excellent I'll start taking some photos tonight, believe me when I say I need help :lol:

Back