• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My very first attempt - NA Aquarium.

l0XP6Og.jpg

It looks great but those rocks are going to disappear when plants grow around them..

Hi Legytt! I'll get around to posting some more pictures very soon. The tank is up and running now (12 days in), the plants seem to be doing well. I've just started to notice some diatoms appearing though. I guess thats pretty common in new tanks!?. I'm planning on removing the reflectors off my lights and reducing the photo period slightly. Hopefully that will reduce the risk of them proliferating. Updates to follow :)

Hi All! Just thought i would post a quick update photo. The tank has been running for 15 days now. Things are going really well, the plants are all looking healthy, apart from my crypts which are melting away. However new submerged leaves are starting to form :)

I've also noticed diatoms forming over the last few days :( :( . I've removed the reflectors off my T5's and reduced the photo period to 6 hrs, hopefully that will keep the diatoms in check. Apologies for the photography, my camera isn't that great.

H9lKbW2.jpg

How's it growing Lee?

I really like the stone/wood island layout. Would be great to see recent pix

Back