• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Product Review NACD aquariums

Status
Not open for further replies.
To offer some clarity to NACD.

I believe Sam is the sole employee of the company i.e. he doesn’t employ anyone it’s just him.

He is based out of his home address and stores the tanks in a storage facility 2 minutes from his home.

I’d imagine his business model is based on the tanks being ordered and then he passes the build specs onto his chosen supplier who make the tanks.

I don’t believe he keeps much stock of anything and even those that he claims to be “in stock” are likely not.

Project management and time keeping isn’t everyone’s forte.

As others have mentioned, I’f you wanted quality at a fraction of the price, then something else has to give.

You can’t have it all.

I hope those reading this think of both sides equally before ordering and make an informed choice to help manage their own expectations.
yes, 100% it's just Sam/Przemyslaw, I've been as kind and understanding as I can in my emails to him as I also own and run my own business, but communication is key with anything. I don't personally mind delays if there is frank communication and understanding. If there is any delay for any reason with my business I email or call my clients first. I don't wait for 100 emails to be sent over a period of months and then make false promises. I want to support small, independent business, but he isn't giving anyone any confidence to trust him at all. There is no reason to keep people in the dark, lie or string people along. I think the time for understanding is up. No one should be wasting their time or their money with NACD. As of today I have formerly requested a refund on my order. Let's see how well it goes.

I don’t disagree with anyone and I empathise with those having a rough ride with NACD.

Clearly their customers service is a shambles.

But…….

If you are contemplating a custom made or new aquarium and have plenty of time on your hands to wait. NACD could still be an option?

I’m not defending their lack of communication. I’m just trying to offer an argument in favour (ish) of using them. So it’s a fair fight. (Based of having ordered twice in the past with no issue)

To offer some clarity to NACD.

I believe Sam is the sole employee of the company i.e. he doesn’t employ anyone it’s just him.

He is based out of his home address and stores the tanks in a storage facility 2 minutes from his home.

I’d imagine his business model is based on the tanks being ordered and then he passes the build specs onto his chosen supplier who make the tanks.

I don’t believe he keeps much stock of anything and even those that he claims to be “in stock” are likely not.

Project management and time keeping isn’t everyone’s forte.

As others have mentioned, I’f you wanted quality at a fraction of the price, then something else has to give.

You can’t have it all.

I hope those reading this think of both sides equally before ordering and make an informed choice to help manage their own expectations.
Not hard to answer an email though or pick up the phone. No business should run like that and there are no excuses for blatantly lying about timescales/delivery dates. When you’ve parted with your hard earned money you should expect the basics regardless of the price.

yes, 100% it's just Sam/Przemyslaw, I've been as kind and understanding as I can in my emails to him as I also own and run my own business, but communication is key with anything. I don't personally mind delays if there is frank communication and understanding. If there is any delay for any reason with my business I email or call my clients first. I don't wait for 100 emails to be sent over a period of months and then make false promises. I want to support small, independent business, but he isn't giving anyone any confidence to trust him at all. There is no reason to keep people in the dark, lie or string people along. I think the time for understanding is up. No one should be wasting their time or their money with NACD. As of today I have formerly requested a refund on my order. Let's see how well it goes.
Also a fellow business owner and I couldn’t agree more. There are NO excuses for running a business in this way.

Not hard to answer an email though or pick up the phone. No business should run like that and there are no excuses for blatantly lying about timescales/delivery dates. When you’ve parted with your hard earned money you should expect the basics regardless of the price.
I don’t disagree with you in the slightest mate. And I’m certainly not defending NACD.

I’m just offering insight so people know what they’re dealing with.

I would implore people to order via eBay if they were to purchase as this would offer buyer protection.

I don’t disagree with you in the slightest mate. And I’m certainly not defending NACD.

I’m just offering insight so people know what they’re dealing with.

I would implore people to order via eBay if they were to purchase as this would offer buyer protection.
Yes that’s fair enough. As another user pointed out he has taken all items off his eBay account - something isn’t right here.

FYI I called NACD and got a call back within a few minutes. My aquarium is made and is curing and then needs 3 days water testing. Basically he said 2 weeks max for delivery. He sounded apologetic and prepared to be moaned at but I was very pleasant. He did apologise and said they’ve had so many orders that they don’t have enough people to make them. So hopefully all will turn out well. Thanks.

NACD could still be an option?
Interestingly, I have just requested a quote from them. It's a big order. I have done engineering calculations for the stand, but I need a manufacturer that can interpret an engineering specification, and preferably a two-man team that is capable of delivery. I am still looking forwards to the quote, but to be honest, I can't see many recent photographs on their Facebook page. Fingers crossed.

Interestingly, I have just requested a quote from them. It's a big order. I have done engineering calculations for the stand, but I need a manufacturer that can interpret an engineering specification, and preferably a two-man team that is capable of delivery. I am still looking forwards to the quote, but to be honest, I can't see many recent photographs on their Facebook page. Fingers crossed.
Hope it works out for you mate. And the company can get their act together and start delivering to a better standard.

Big NACD Update.

So, after my previous post I requested a refund with NACD, I got a call the same day and I had a lengthy, honest conversation with the owner. I did manage to get some actual facts of the situation.

The major part of the problem is that in May there was an incident at the warehouse where the tanks are manufactured and around 70 tanks were smashed - I told him it would've been simple to email his customers and be honest, everyone will understand and will take delays when things are out of your control. The tanks are manufactured in Poland - this is absolutely not a problem, but it would help customers to know and get a realistic idea on manufacturing and shipping estimates.

Right now the manufacturer are not providing NACD in the UK with actual lead times on orders, they are currently trying to catch up on lost orders but meanwhile NACD are still taking new orders (which I mentioned is a mistake, while they catch up they really shouldn't be taking more orders or advertising their summer discount).

The owner is looking to improve all areas of the business, including a new website that will make everything more simple and transparent when ordering, apparently he's had a lot of issues with his current service from GoDaddy. (to be clear, when I ordered my tank it was shown to be in-stock but later I found out it wasn't in-stock and the size I ordered was made-to-order only, none of which was clear at all)

He is aware of the discussion here on the forums and elsewhere and is very apologetic.

So after all of this we talked about my options. A full refund or I could continue to wait for my order. The tank was cut and assembled (to the best of his knowledge, i'm assuming) but he still couldn't give me an actual shipping date. I did ask him out of pure curiosity what, if anything, he does have in stock and maybe we could work out a compromise to get a tank to me sooner. He offered a slightly different size tank but it was made with optiwhite instead of the float glass which I had ordered - this tank was a cancelled order that had been sitting around for a while and worth about twice as much as the one I had originally ordered, obviously at no extra cost to me and he would then deliver it himself in 2 days time.

There are pluses and big negatives to this whole saga. Had NACD been more honest about the situation I think customers would've been a lot more sympathetic and understanding instead of frustrated and angry.

To his credit, he drove the tank to me himself, on the day he said he would.

I am glad I had the chance to have a conversation before going ahead with my refund, I do want NACD to be in business. They make attractive tanks at a fair price. The two tanks I have from them are great, I just wish things had been smoother - hopefully they can be in future because I would order from them again, but I would definitely have to make a call/email first.

Last edited:
NACD isn't that far away from me and I must admit I have been tempted, but a big flashing 'BUYER BEWARE!!' sign comes on in my brain and I think don't be so daft. If the firm does a few years of business and manages a decent Trust Pilot rating etc. you might one day give NACD a punt, but unfortunately the experiences described here are so far removed from current online trading standards that it just isn't worth the potential hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back