• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Name that Fish GAME.

Post pictures of your fish you want to stump UKAPS members or post pictures of fish you have no idea what it is for people to ID.

First person to guess the fish correct gets to choose the next fish.

Ill start off.
maculosus_NA.jpg

its a rainbow of some kind looks like "Lake Kutubu Rainbow, Turquoise Rainbow, Blue Rainbow" but crossed with another form of rainbow

perhaps Melanotaenia sexlineata + Melanotaenia lacustris

It is a rainbow fish, but its not crossed (I dont think).

doesn't match any known specific strain I know of it mostly resembles the colouring and shaping of the Melanotaenia lacustris (Lake Kutubu Rainbow etc as above) however the spotting is more similar to the sexlineata strain though usually the stripes are solid (on all rainbow species where stripes are visible) spotted stripes can only really appear as a cross breed.

only 3 known species of Glossolepis have strips all are solid not spotted I'll stick by my first line its a hybrid from the Melanotaenia line

I can just imagine you now, scrolling through all the rainbowfish and clicking on all the pics too check, im creased haha.

naah got distracted by the missus I'm fairly good with rainbows got a couple of tanks full of them but never seen those above before, neither has most of the other rainbow specific sites which is why I couldn't find them.

Yeh, post up a pic now, ill try get it since no one else is playing.

Haha, there awesome fish, use to have 4 of them. ill find a pic now. Hopfully others will start to join in.

Back