• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Name that plant!

I remember that tank on Aquascapoing word, they're all natives the guy collected so it won't be a readily available plant for us I'm afraid.

We've got native grasses that would almost certainly, you'd have to try pond suppliers for marginals. I've been browsing them a lot recently, mainly for bargains but there's lots of plants that will grow in our aquariums that I've never seen and might be really useful additions, there's a lot of stems and things that I know could be used but I've never seen grown to see what their full potential could be. Hottania is one that I particularly liked and there's baccopa's available too.

I am almost certain that that's not a true aquatic and will die if submerged, all acorus' are marginals and I can't think of one that's not. o_O

Okay, I'm going to correct myself, apparently they do adapt to full emerging but are very slow to do so. I stand corrected. :silent:

Garuf said:
We've got native grasses that would almost certainly, you'd have to try pond suppliers for marginals. I've been browsing them a lot recently, mainly for bargains but there's lots of plants that will grow in our aquariums that I've never seen and might be really useful additions, there's a lot of stems and things that I know could be used but I've never seen grown to see what their full potential could be. Hottania is one that I particularly liked and there's baccopa's available too.

I'll have to keep my eyes open, I'll check the garden centre where my local MA is. Cheers!

samc said:
looks similar to acorus (spelling) which aquafleur have

Just had a look AE have it;
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2946
but you have to order 6 pots worth! I was only after a small clump for my nano!

Garuf said:
I am almost certain that that's not a true aquatic and will die if submerged, all acorus' are marginals and I can't think of one that's not. o_O

Had a look on google and most images are of it out of water. If I could get hold of a small amount of it I could take a look at using those hang-on planters the riparium lot use to slowly acclimatise.

I'd like to see some photographs of it in it's submerged form, what informaton can you offer on it? Size etc? Anything that'd be useful for using it in scapes.

Back