• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nameless Mountains (无名山)

Progen

So I decided to tear apart the abandoned aquasoil / garden compost project which had attracted a lot of green hair algae. HC was actually doing pretty decently despite the high level of rotting organics from the compost and the green water.

AeZiMvv.jpg

lx0jDeI.jpg

Had some interesting weathered looking driftwood but the lack of imagination, experience and skill resulted in this boring arrangement.

9xy8KdF.jpg

So I put a saw and some elbow grease to it and got double the number of pieces which after a few attempts resulted in ......

YO1iI56.jpg

biIEfyv.jpg

This is a very serious case of lazybastarditis where I just placed the HC, leaves side up of course, onto the substrate and then used the mesh to keep them from floating up. The stones are to maintain pressure on them so that they root faster and stay low, I hope. Might leave the mesh on, we'll see.

OkrWJ89.jpg

The following morning.

Before anyone points it out, I was indeed using the tank in reverse because I don't like the distortion through the curved edges of a bow front.

Back