• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

nannostomus anduzei

castle

Anyone seen any of these for sale recently?

Thanks!

Ask your LFS to check their fish lists, they normally have access to a far wider variety than they normally bring into the store!

I emailed Keith a couple of days ago; no joy, and I asked Maidenhead, swallow and pier 😬

Seems every fish I want is rarer than hens teeth

Nice little fish. Did you have a specific project in mind?

180x70x60 swamp 😀 a bit like bucket of mud, a bit like my drilled holes tank.

Ideal stocking: (typing from memory and Latin isn’t my thing)

Discrossus filamensus
Green neons
Either nannostomus trifasciatus or anduzei - or Anostomus “
Any ammocryptocharax I can find
A larger Tetra? Diamond maybe?

Then considering something like:

Biotodoma Cupido or wavrini - Or aequidens but these bigger fish might be too big. A Cory might turn my head too. I would buy on sight Iguannodecetes gracilis.

It’s a big tank but I don’t want to over do it either.

I want to have a constant drip system and overflow to drain; so kind of a cool, longer term tank.

I have a few swamp trunks, that tower out of the tank dimensions to create a couple of “islands”

Anyway, that’s the idea 👍

I’ve sent an email @dw1305 thanjs 👍

Keith at wildwoods got some in, ordered 18 and lost 5.

They’re all less than 1cm long. Feeding micro worms, vinegar eels, and added some paramecium for good measure too.

Can say the survivors are eating, which is good. You couldn’t keep these with any other fish, imo.

A sad end to this, I think overnight postage with minus temperatures got them.

They went into a very mature nano, which up until then housed a single betta. But I’ve lost 16 fish in 4 days. I’ve got 3 left. It should have been the perfect tank, mulm, algae, and loads of azola.

in the same delivery the pangio (Pangio cuneovirgata) went into another tank, same age, again this one hosted a pair of a.hongsloi, which I have moved. Those are doing fine.

I don’t think I’m at fault here, but who knows. Tiny tiny fish, too cold maybe, and they didn’t look good when I got them. I wouldn’t have bought half of them if I viewed in shop. Sunken bellies etc.

This isn’t a moan at wildwoods, as I can’t complain, but a it is a bad way to lose a batch.

They went into a very mature nano, which up until then housed a single betta. But I’ve lost 16 fish in 4 days. I’ve got 3 left. It should have been the perfect tank, mulm, algae, and loads of azola.

in the same delivery the pangio (Pangio cuneovirgata) went into another tank, same age, again this one hosted a pair of a.hongsloi, which I have moved. Those are doing fine.

I don’t think I’m at fault here, but who knows. Tiny tiny fish, too cold maybe, and they didn’t look good when I got them. I wouldn’t have bought half of them if I viewed in shop. Sunken bellies etc.

This isn’t a moan at wildwoods, as I can’t complain, but a it is a bad way to lose a batch.
Sorry to hear this...

Lessons learnt, will only order fish in summer and for very delicate fish, I’ll go down in person.

Sorry to hear that
It’s never nice to loose fish

To be fair to you, the supplier should not really be exporting fish in minus temperatures due to the increased risk - assuming that they don’t have some really good transport mechanism which is temperature controlled.

Many people have great success with mail delivered livestock and say that it’s OK as that’s how they got to the LFS in the first place - even from over seas. But I have a sense that global transportation is better equipped than local carriers - even those that say they are certified,

Many people have great success with mail delivered livestock and say that it’s OK as that’s how they got to the LFS in the first place - even from over seas. But I have a sense that global transportation is better equipped than local carriers - even those that say they are certified,

I have had a fair few fish via courier before (mainly from stores such as Pier/Aqualife that are a good 4/5 hour drive from me) and I've been lucky for the most part

APC used to be the only courier insured/registered to courier live fish overnight (unsure if this still the case as it's been a while) but on more than one occasion I was not impressed with their 'rough handling' and that was only what I saw when they were actually handing over to me...

Lessons learnt, will only order fish in summer and for very delicate fish, I’ll go down in person.

Surprising, as Wildwoods package fish better than any other seller I've used - biy poly box, lots of insulation, heat pads etc. They also use APC, which should mean that livestock is kept in higher temperatures than the normal packages. I'd be surprised if they were exposed to minus temperatures for very long.

I suspect its more this:

Keith at wildwoods got some in, ordered 18 and lost 5.

They’re all less than 1cm long. Feeding micro worms, vinegar eels, and added some paramecium for good measure too.

If they were already losing them in the shop, I suspect they are just a weak batch of fish, and at that size probably wouldn't have the strength to survive the second lot of shipping stress.

Back