• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

[NANO] 15l Opti Nano - New Scape

Re: 15l Opti Nano

There are still pink rocks there. :)

I would remove all the small rocks, inclusive the second, third and fourth rock, leaving the 1st medium rock in place.

Try it, take a photo and you will see.

Thanks Luis, those rocks are tricky lol they look fine when you place them in the tank at first and the more you look the more pink you will see lol I will wait now until its all planted and then update again ;)
I am considering a carpet of fissidens for this tank, although that will take ages to grow in!!

George Farmer said:
I dig the pink! Takes a real man to aquascape with pink hardscape... :D
Haha thanks George :p

BTW: Thinking shimp or a smaller fish species, any recommendations?

I think the pink rocks look quite cool. Something different for sure. The front-most row of little rocks are too clinical though. The gap between each rock is almost the same. I'd space it out a bit more randomly.

flygja said:
I think the pink rocks look quite cool. Something different for sure. The front-most row of little rocks are too clinical though. The gap between each rock is almost the same. I'd space it out a bit more randomly.
Thanks :) I am gradually getting rid of the pink rocks, the spacing is mainly to plant mosses between all the rocks, when it grows then it will look more uneven ;) the front-row still need a little more work and I might use so gravel for grading it a little. cheers

Radik said:
So what are you going to keep there? Some pinky frogs? :)
I will leave those to your tank ;)

At the moment I am thinking something different and have a couple of Stiphodon atropurpureus in the tank:

IMG_2142EP.jpg

Good choice, I will pass pink frogs to somebody else and get those Stiphodon as well ;) How many you got? I was reading they can fight for space, any issues so far?

Radik said:
Good choice, I will pass pink frogs to somebody else and get those Stiphodon as well ;) How many you got? I was reading they can fight for space, any issues so far?
I haven't got them yet, hoping to go down the LFS and see them soon and then make my mind up how many, I was thinking a pair (male and female).

Re: 15l Opti Nano - New Scape (Fish selected)

Hi Paulo,

I keep about 3 Species in my planted tank.
You proberly won't find Stiphodon atropurpureus in the UK however you will get a closey related species called
Stiphodon Semoni which is just as nice. Be careful with your C02 levels with stiphodons they are senstive to high C02 levels.
You proberly know that they eat algae. They also love bloodworms and algae wafers. I think that you could get away with a trio of them ( 1 Male and 2 Females). Stiphodons are good diggers so be carefull :lol: .

Male
3784020841_99bfee8e68.jpg
Stiphodon semoni by afroturf, on Flickr

Female
4050677897_0569535b8a.jpg
Female Stiphodon semoni by afroturf, on Flickr

Hopes this helps abit,
Krish

Krishs Bettas said:
You proberly won't find Stiphodon atropurpureus in the UK
Many thanks for the info Krish, local shop claims to have these in stock, so I will check them out ;)
This will be a non CO2 tank, just the occasional fert dosing for the mosses.

Hi Paulo,

The ones stocked at your lfs willm proberly Stiphodon Semoni instead they are just alittle less blue.
Krish

Quick update, no fauna yet in the tank, haven't really done much with it, this will be the home to some Sakuras shortly.

Taken earlier:

p1030419v.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

The tank looks lovely. Im sure it will be perfect for some sakuras.

Quick video I took last night, now with the Sakuras from Vivarium and some from Rik (mlgt), and the Dark Blue Tigers with orange eyes from Fisch-Heim.de also purchased at Vivarium, some started moulting last couple of days and for some reason lost their dark blue, hopefully it will come back:

Thanks for looking :)

Ha, nice green stones, looks alien to me especially with the blue tigers in there :)

Lovely tank Paulo :)

The shrimp are amazing, there some sakuras in my LFS 3 for 10quid I might have to get a group. there eye burningly red hahaha
What's the best way to keep the red? Feeding decapsulated brine shrimp?

Cheers

Somehow Missed this one. Love the Hardscape reminds me of a Shiva Lingam Stone Shrine.
And those Orange Eye Blues are Exceptional, Hopefully the Deep Blue will return

Back