• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano power head

Hi all. Can anyone recommend a small/nano power head or any advice on flow dead spots , I’m using a dennerle 70l scapper tank with dead spots under the Lilly pipe. I’m guessing a small power head but they all seem quite bulky.

Thanks

The Aquael Pat Mini is a great choice for your 70L tank. It can be regulated in terms of turnover (strength of flow) and direction of flow, optionally provide aeration and is perfectly safe for shrimps and fry (when applying the sponge thats included in the package). I have two in each of my 150 L tanks. The pat mini with its small footprint, is relatively easy to hide behind hardscape or plants. Highly recommend.

EDIT: They may have changed the density of the sponge they bundle with the filter. All four of mine came with the denser sponge, not the coarse one depicted - which may be ok still. Just FYI.

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
I looked at loads but I wasn’t sure on power with usb ? What are they like ? and didn’t want to trial and error i paid £19 for the other recommended pat mini be here today so I will post my review

Thanks to all for reading
Matt

Well thanks to MichaelJ arrived yesterday, very surprised at how small it was actually, set at half to start bit to powerful turned to min perfect 👌 can easily be hidden as you said and for that cost you really can’t go wrong.

Cheers

Also just noticed a nice little co2 out put on the out flow 👍

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    887 KB · Views: 24
I looked at loads but I wasn’t sure on power with usb ? What are they like ? and didn’t want to trial and error i paid £19 for the other recommended pat mini be here today so I will post my review

Thanks to all for reading
Matt

Heres one of my $5 usb pumps in action.
As it gets older, the flowrate drops (maybe I need to give it a good clean..) but good enough to just move water at a dead spot.
The downside of this problem is that the rubber suction 'feet' that are suppose to attach the pump to the glass don't work very well, so you have to try different ways of securing them like, securing the wire instead.

That actually looks really good, i may invest for one of my shrimp tanks, think I’ve missed how important the flow is especially in planted tanks.
Being new this site is a font of knowledge.

Cheers 👍

Why does it only pump every now and again? Is that by design? Or am I looking at the wrong thing?! :D

I used that little outlet for a DIY yeast set up a couple of years ago.
It actually worked really well from what I remember.
Although made a little pop noise as the bubble released.
That pump is great. So powerful.
Si

Back