• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Narrow leaves java fern variety

I've purchased the above plants from tropica and aquaticmagic before. The aquatic magic fern appear to be much more slender and has a slightly crinkly nature to it's leaves. Mine then grew up to 18 inches easily and looks very much like crypt balansae. The tropica variety however tends to stay no more than 12 inches and was more flatter in appearance. I personally much prefer the aquatic magic fern appearance.

Anyone experience the same? Is it actually a different variety or is it just the different tank with different enviroment that they grew in that I'm getting this different leaves pattern?

Well they claimed that the needle leaves java is similar to their narrow leaves but doesn't grow much taller than 6" tall. The narrow leave one I had grew up to a max of 18" at time. I just bought some needle leave from them as well and it definitely look different.

Back