• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nature's river **New journal**

Re: Harry's ADA Mini M-ish (Picture intensive)

Very nice looking start I will be following for Ideas :D

PS what light are you using :thumbup:

just reading through this again harry i have both those lights and the 18w is longer so dont think it fits the 11w model worth checking before you buy imo the 18w gives better light distribution and you can always keep the photo period shorter has worked for me on smaller tanks

Hardscape Supplies List

Right okay i have finnally decided on my hardscape materials. I am going to be having a wood and rock based aquascape with wood being the star of the show. For wood im going to be using manzanita from Our sponsor (Aqua Essentials) and for rock i will be visiting a CED outlet near me in the midlands hopefully to find some REALLY cheap rock to be crushed and used as a transistion from wood to substrate. Following on from this i will be using Amazonia aqua soil (3l) seeming as this has been used by many aquascapes and it is a major success. I will go for a layout of a sort of hill shape in the middle of the tank made by the aqua soil with the wood placed on top to give a sort of sprouting out the ground kind of feel. However things change and i may just post a few pics of different hardscapes up to see what you preffer. Im still thinking and planning at the moment so the hardscape is still a couple of weeks away. (I want to take it slow and get it right rather than rushing things and wasting £££) :lol:

Stay updated for more questions i may have and other updates:) Thanks for following.

Sounds great Harry. Can't wait to see it set up! :D
You not using the Hagrid wood then ? :lol:
What are you planning to stock it with ?

I cant wait to see it up either:) Im thinking about that wood, i might sell it if anyone is willing to buy it (pre soaked). I will be stocking it with cherry shrimp, maybe some amanos and an otto :)

I'm sure someone will want it, stick it on the for sale section. if I were you though - id stick it on the rad to dry it before posting to save on weight costs!
Where did you get it originally?

:)

HarryRobinson said:
I cant wait to see it up either:) Im thinking about that wood, i might sell it if anyone is willing to buy it (pre soaked). I will be stocking it with cherry shrimp, maybe some amanos and an otto :)

ottos are quite social and shouldnt really be kept alone, they get quite skittish ;)

Back