• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

NatureScape - The End

Planted...

44578158740_6f851bdd7c_b.jpg

by Tim Harrison, on Flickr

Thanks guys, I don't see it o_O you both have very strange imaginations :rolleyes: And @CooKieS I seem to remember that you saw a certain part of the male anatomy in another members scape and compared my last scape to a banana. I think it's time you got some help with that particular fixation :p

Anyway, I dislike snails intensely :meh: all except this one, which is one of my favourite works of art. I've seen it up close and personal like, in the Tate Modern :cool: It's huge, and the pic doesn't really do the scale of it justice...tho' maybe it's had a subliminal influence on me. On reflection perhaps my scape follows similar rules, but in 3D :)

Henri Matisse (The Snail)
snail_screenprint_14304_large.jpg

Thanks Keith, I'm hoping it'll stay that way and that the plant transitions well.
Came down to a very cloudy tank this morning, must be a bacterial bloom, beginning to think I've lost my aquascaping mojo :meh:
On a more cheery note I think my Venus Flytrap has sent out a flower spike, although I've read that might not necessarily be a good thing. Should I cut the spike off ?

31468232177_a105e45a2e_b.jpg

by Tim Harrison, on Flickr

It looks amazingly healthy and possibly more than a single plant, I vote for allowing a single flower this year :)

Good observation alto. It's just occurred to me too, that it might be more than one plant. I'm heavily leaning toward letting it flower now :)

And thanks for the advice, I'll do as near as darn it a 100% water change tomorrow. I want to add more substrate to the rear right anyway, and no water will make that easier.

Some like to wait for any bacterial blooms to disappear “naturally”, I don't see any advantages

Scape looks awesome planted Tim, I don’t see snail in either the tank nor the artwork :lol:
Love Venus fly traps too, great photo :snaphappy:
Bacterial blooms must be the trend at the minute, I have one too and an oily surface even with a skimmer :facepalm:.....I don’t have plants though like your lovely tank :D

Thanks Ady, I think the bacterial bloom might be on the way out, the tank wasn't so cloudy this morning. I did a 100% water change today anyway, and all is well so far. Good luck with yours.
I also invested in a surface skimmer, an Eheim Skim 350, well worth it, I don't think I've seen my water surface so clear and ripply. I'm using more CO2 but that's a small price to pay.

Well, it seems that your scapes inspire me :D

Here it is

181223080218325841.jpg

Not the best pic but you've got the idea.

Anyway, good idea for the eheim skim, it can kill shrimps or small fishes but is very efficiency for surface gaz exchange.
Mine is running 24-7, very useful after trimming plants too!:thumbup:

Haha, okay @CooKieS , you've got me there, I have to concede I can see what you're getting at now, but I wish I couldn't; snails not being my favourite, an' all :meh:
But on the other hand I suppose being compared to a snail ain't that bad since perhaps it means I may have got the golden ratio, or rule of thirds, intuitively right ;)

math-140-fibonacci-and-golden-ratio-7-638.jpg

Back