• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

NatureScape - The End

Rule of 3ths? Look at it 1, 2, and 3, what do you see :nailbiting:
View attachment 131328

-b520-7dadef81aa71_web_scale_0.5982906_0.5982906__.jpg

:thumbup::clap:
Haha, thanks Marcel :)

So I had a break and went back to it and added some more rocks,,,
49505221962_785b812ba3_b.jpg

I still see him or it.. :) And i think it looks awesome. :cool:

Well it's time to finally wrap up this journal and make way for the next, Woodland Troll. Thank you very much to all those who have contributed to the making of this scape and journal, through comments, suggestions, or adding images etc, it's been quite a journey...:)

I thought it'd be a good way to finish by posting a couple of images of the scape at what, I think was, its best...

48161889791_c36691ab93_b.jpg

32084157917_d98a7f2b3c_b.jpg

33236862988_9d7331331e_b.jpg

47112138641_7fe5fe28cc_b.jpg

46557323614_3a40ebab43_b.jpg

47280493201_203c6dcacd_b.jpg

46557322094_47fb1651b6_b.jpg

32665086057_67beeabd36_b.jpg

47923174653_f541194691_b.jpg

It was a nice journey! :cool: Thank you for taking us with you. :thumbup:

Btw is that still your Venus Flytrap RH side? Looks like grown quite a lot...

One of my favourite scapes in this journals section to be honest - certainly one of the most inspiring!

I've found a few more pics and posted them above as well...:D
It was a nice journey! :cool: Thank you for taking us with you. :thumbup:

Btw is that still your Venus Flytrap RH side? Looks like grown quite a lot...
Thanks Marcel, and it was my pleasure. The Venus is still doing well, not digging the winter sun tho' and has died back a little :confused:
That was/is an outstanding planted tank :clap:
Thanks oscar :)
One of my favourite scapes in this journals section to be honest - certainly one of the most inspiring!
Thanks Wooki, that's nice of you to say so :)

Lovely journey (as usual) with fantastic pictures and commentary

I always love the early stages, once the plants are beginning and the wood and stone shapes are still very visible

I’d forgotten the pinnatifida, how did it look at the end (seems like it became lost under other plants?)

And I’m curious as to actual fish numbers - I kept seeing one lemon tetra and imagined him as a bag catch with the Rosy type

Looking forward to your next one @Tim Harrison :clap:
Thanks Geoffrey :)
Lovely journey (as usual) with fantastic pictures and commentary

I always love the early stages, once the plants are beginning and the wood and stone shapes are still very visible

I’d forgotten the pinnatifida, how did it look at the end (seems like it became lost under other plants?)

And I’m curious as to actual fish numbers - I kept seeing one lemon tetra and imagined him as a bag catch with the Rosy type
Thanks alto, that's kind of you. I like the early stage as well. Most of my scapes are probably mature by 3 to 4 months, and then tend to go over and past their best. But I got a bit of collectoritis and kept packing new plants in. Plus I continued to lean from this one so it lasted a lot longer. All that, and I was too lazy to tear it down :D

I think I swapped the pinnatifida out for something else, or it just got in the way of the Ludwigia or Buce and had to go. I bought half a dozen lemons but only 3 survived so it did have company, as well as others in its genus :)

I think there is definately an art to keeping a tank looking like it does in those early stages yet also having that mature yet not overgrown look... a hard balance to strike indeed

Well it's time to finally wrap up this journal and make way for the next, Woodland Troll. Thank you very much to all those who have contributed to the making of this scape and journal, through comments, suggestions, or adding images etc, it's been quite a journey...:)

I thought it'd be a good way to finish by posting a couple of images of the scape at what, I think was, its best...

48161889791_c36691ab93_b.jpg

32084157917_d98a7f2b3c_b.jpg

33236862988_9d7331331e_b.jpg

47112138641_7fe5fe28cc_b.jpg

46557323614_3a40ebab43_b.jpg

47280493201_203c6dcacd_b.jpg

46557322094_47fb1651b6_b.jpg

32665086057_67beeabd36_b.jpg

47923174653_f541194691_b.jpg
I have to say that is one the most impressive and best looking scapes i have seen, so healthy,well done and thanks for all the pictures and sharing.

Well deserved round of applause.

Looking forward to the next one tim, can i ask as i want to do the same how exactly you go about tearing a tank down ?

Thanks dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I think there is definately an art to keeping a tank looking like it does in those early stages yet also having that mature yet not overgrown look... a hard balance to strike indeed
Definitely, I think you really have to stay on top of maintenance and trimming almost on a daily basis. Even then any change will be almost imperceptible, so you may not realise the hardscape disappearing, for instance. Also, deciding when the tank is at its peak is really difficult and takes a lot of experience and luck to get right.
I have to say that is one the most impressive and best looking scapes i have seen, so healthy,well done and thanks for all the pictures and sharing.

Well deserved round of applause.

Looking forward to the next one tim, can i ask as i want to do the same how exactly you go about tearing a tank down ?

Thanks dean

Thanks Dean, much appreciated :)

I usually remove all the plants and then hardscape first, leave the filter running and wait for everything to settle and water to clear. Once settled I syphon out half the water and as much settled mulm as possible with it and start to net the fish.

Finally, I'll go about the laborious business of netting the myriad of shrimp. Once I've convinced myself that all the shrimp have been netted for about 20th time - somehow there are always more of the little blighters :meh: - I take out most of the water. Any shrimp left are easier to see flapping around on the sediment and easier to catch...no shrimp no matter how minuscule is left behind...

It's then just a matter of taking out the substrate and cleaning everything.

Definitely, I think you really have to stay on top of maintenance and trimming almost on a daily basis. Even then any change will be almost imperceptible, so you may not realise the hardscape disappearing, for instance. Also, deciding when the tank is at its peak is really difficult and takes a lot of experience and luck to get right.

Thanks Dean, much appreciated :)

I usually remove all the plants and then hardscape first, leave the filter running and wait for everything to settle and water to clear. Once settled I syphon out half the water and as much settled mulm as possible with it and start to net the fish.

Finally, I'll go about the laborious business of netting the myriad of shrimp. Once I've convinced myself that all the shrimp have been netted for about 20th time - somehow there are always more of the little blighters :meh: - I take out most of the water. Any shrimp left are easier to see flapping around on the sediment and easier to catch...no shrimp no matter how minuscule is left behind...

It's then just a matter of taking out the substrate and cleaning everything.
Thanks for that tim if you dont mind i may message you as have a few questions about rescaping but honestly hats off to you with this aquarium you have grew it out amazingly just shows time and effort pays off.

Dean

Back