Need advices

nakaKon

Hi guys !

There isbsome emergency happening at home and I need to move my tank away from my room tomorrow. They have to stay in another tank for at least a week. The tank is planted and there is a betta, 1 small fish, and some shrimp inside.

Due to thr super short notice I cant cycle my quartine tank at all so i am planning to use water that already in the tank. I can scope out some filter media to place it in the hang in the back filter I am gonna use for this quartine tank as well.

I am not intend to put any plant in this tank cuz I might not be able to add an light to it. So I am also bit worry abt if there will be enough oxygen in the tank for all the shrimp and fish.
My current tank is a 10 gallon and the quartine will be 5 gallon.

So what are you guys thought on this ? Any advice ?

I am kinda planning to use new plant and maybe the old substrate ? But how should I store the old substrate?

Thank you
77bacaf35a7fdf4e14400adab9d1aa39.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Dadofthree

Hi if it were me and for only one week i would ask my LFS to hold my fish
Or drain the old tank down to 10% and move the whole tank and fish together its only 10g so should be doable

nakaKon

It seems like i do t need to move the tank anymore. So I guess i will just leave the tank in the same old place ....

Thank you for the advices!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Gerrypfc

Would be fine. I've moved both Freshwater and salt water tanks straight over, using old tank water and filter media etc