• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Need help with a potential scape/plant selections

Zoe

LAdYWsO.jpg

Amlxtsh.jpg

The background is the same as this: http://tropica.com/en/inspiration/layout/Layout74/5278

Then it's wood one the right and stones on the left, someone has already suggested switching out the red nesaea for a red ludwigia. I'd like some more plants down the front, but I'm not keen on having carpeting plants.

You could have small crypts or java fern at the foreground maybe the red plant/s more to left or right than central?

I'm thinking of hiding my filter on the right side sort of behind the background (thinking of having it go 3/4 across the back, then having a 1/4 panel sat further forward that the filter is behind) hope that makes sense, so from the front the background would look solid but from the sides you'd see the split. I'll decide the exact placement of the back row of plants once it's set up.

What do you think of Cryptocoryne parva, Cryptocoryne Beckettii, and Microsorum Mini dotted around the front, and Alternanthera reineckii mini around the base of the wood, possibly mixed with Staurogyne sp?

Yeh I think Parva would look good,Thing is you could always make changes later if something is not as envisaged

Would maybe keep echinodorus at least five inches away from glass in all direction's.
This way as the plant grow's,,the leaves can spread out,good circulation around the leaves rather than being pressed against the glass as plant matures.
Not much fun uprooting Echinodorus species which often have very expansive root structure once they get settled.

Don't worry it won't be right up against the glass like that in the tank, was just easier to draw it that way! I think I'm going to go for the anubias rather than the echinodorus there anyway

Back