• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Need help with connection

Ryanj8825

Hello, really struggling finding a connection to connect my co2 fire extinguisher to my regulator. Can anybody help me out?
Tia

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
Without wishing to sound condescending (I hope I don't and forgive me if i do) but have you removed the horn (the black applicator where the CO2 comes out from by unscrewing it from the body of the extinguisher?

Thanks for the reply, I just bought this of eBay.. it stated on the advert it was all ready to plug in and go. I’ve literally just took it out the box

Hi
Looks like your missing a piece, male threaded pipe one end and a spinning nut other end to connect to the FE

Attachments

• IMG_0608.jpeg
    IMG_0608.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
No sorry, only ever bought them as complete regulators. I’d return it unless it’s was listed as spares/repairs

Different cylinders may use different threads depending on the intended use and the technical norms in each country. It is possible that somewhere in the world there are cylinders which fit in your regulator without any adaptation or connector.

Hello, really struggling finding a connection to connect my co2 fire extinguisher to my regulator. Can anybody help me out?
Tia
Hiya @Ryanj8825

It looks like the regulator you have is designed to fit the disposable gas bottles, these come with a M10×1 thread. Like this.
female-thread.jpg

It fits this type of cylinder.
disposable-cylinder-valve.jpg

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any connector that can take that thread to a BS341 / DIN477 / W21.8×14 female nut which is what you need.

Might be worth popping down to a local halfords store and see if the 600g bottles they sell have a similar thread.

Thanks for the help, just been looking I’ve found this connector JBL.
Are these the right sizes that I need?

Attachments

• IMG_4479.png
    IMG_4479.png
    2 MB · Views: 19
Back