• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Needle valve leaking?

Jonas85

Seedling
Hi,

I just set up my complete set with the "advance sodastream adapter". I've seem to have a major leakage just at the needle valve.

You can really hear it and just to visualize I sprayed some soap on it.

If I apply some pressure with my finger on the knob, pushing it towards the regulator, the leakage almost stops. It is a "gap" about a millimeter big with allows me to push this knob in and out.

This leakage starts immediately after I release the needle valve.

I've contacted co2art via email but since it's Saturday I decided to ask here as well.

Have I got a faulty regulator or what?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160910-143906~2.png
    Screenshot_20160910-143906~2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 269
My English may not be the best, certainly not to describe these kind of things.
Therefore I posted a video, so you can see what's going on here.

Also, the solenoid makes an awful lot of noise.. any thoughts on that?

I think its really faulty... If you sent an email to co2art support team and described the issue then they will contact you monday to resolve the issue and change the regulator..

Thanks a lot for your reply, tadabis. That's what I thought, that something is broken.
I'll hope for a reply from co2art and in a case it needs to be replaced - a fast shipment :)

Have a nice weekend!

Update: the solenoid is quiet as should be. You can't even hear any difference between when it's open or closed, which is great!

Solution: co2art replied with a DIY-guide on how to open it up and clean it, and even though it was brand new and never used, the clean up made it quiet.

The problem with the leaking needle valve is still under discussion though and I might have to send the whole regulator back before they send me a replacement unit. That sucks.

Back