• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal Nelson's Wabi's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelson

Nothing much to look at yet as only done today,but just to get the ball rolling :lol:.

IMGP0001.JPG

IMGP0008.JPG

IMGP0003.JPG

IMGP0005.JPG

IMGP0006.JPG

Not a wabi kusa,but will add it here anyway.Just terrestrial moss from my garden.
This will stay outside.

IMGP0010.JPG

IMGP0011.JPG

Attachments

• IMGP0008.JPG
    IMGP0008.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 365
for how long you have to keep the foil on? how often do you open it and let fresh air come in ?

Depends on the size of the bowl or tank whatever you use.. Also on the used materials in case of fungus development and of course what plants are you growing. SOme plants do good in less humidity others again like more humidity.. Also the younger the plants are the more humidity they depend on, when the get older with a beter developed rootsystem they can survive with less. This is often trail and error, to find the best way for the setup you made.. Some plant spieces can be acclimatized realy good and slowly ca get used to permanent without cover, others only can for a few hours.

Funny is if you grow plants in a very small invironment and deprive them from fresh air for longer periodes of time they will stay very miniature but can stay alive for months if you can keep the fungus out.. :)

Well they weren't doing great,so have taken the balls out of the bowls and into a small tank.Will put some more plants on when I get the chance.
Sorry for the bad pics :oops:.

DSC_0041_zpsiszlsenj.jpg

DSC_0042_zpsldiq7qjr.jpg

Did a couple more a week ago.

DSC_0043_zpsx9squbef.jpg

DSC_0044_zpsye6linpj.jpg

DSC_0047_zps195hxld4.jpg

DSC_0049_zpsxuscukd0.jpg

DSC_0051_zpsnvehwx4e.jpg

Also got this big bowl at the weekend.

DSC_0053_zpshr7cqr9p.jpg

Most of this survived the winter in my greenhouse.I just dump cuttings in it.

DSC_0056_zps2fla0vym.jpg

DSC_0057_zpsmn8rh5ub.jpg

DSC_0058_zpsrhwoa74y.jpg

And week old cuttings from my tank.

DSC_0054_zpsmnbau4uc.jpg

DSC_0055_zpsvrebyaot.jpg

That's all folks ;).

Oh my! I need to get me a greenhouse!

Love the WK's in your first pic! What are the taller fern like plants? Its on the tip of my tongue but cannot quite guess. Even the moss at the back right looks good!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Have you noticed any particular requirements for pinnatifida? I've had trouble growing this emersed in temps 10-30C, high humidity, low to high light with composted soils.

Oh my! I need to get me a greenhouse!

Love the WK's in your first pic! What are the taller fern like plants? Its on the tip of my tongue but cannot quite guess. Even the moss at the back right looks good!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
You can make a small one or plant house with polycarbonate fraction of greenhouse prices,amazing how much warmth it keeps in

When we are finished all the work on our house I'm going to do one or two of these, gorgeous! I did think you'd done 5 or 6 from those photos. Mirrors eh?

I am struggling with it.Will give it a bit longer and see.

More light maybe. It likes lots of light. Many people plant it on top of driftwood near the surface where it does best. I found out myself it just doesn't grow in lower light conditions.

Anyway, lovely projects Nelson. One learns a lot when trying out stuff.

Have you noticed any particular requirements for pinnatifida? I've had trouble growing this emersed in temps 10-30C, high humidity, low to high light with composted soils.

It's a funny and touchy plant and beautifull too, i had troubles growing it submersed, can't get it goin through it's transition and i still have a small one emersed for months already. And this also didn't go easy. I guess it swinged to much over the winter and what it needs is a very constant invironment. At least i see people growing it very nicely in wabi kusa. I know Roy grew a few very nice specimen and he uses a rather large empty fish tank with a glass cover where all is very constant.. I'm growing in in a little greenhouse with many to gaps where everything fluctuates to much and HP obviously doesn't like it like that and strugles..

The isue with this plants sensibility probably is because it roots so shallow.. But that's just a guess.. Because most plants i know which root deep are rather strong and can take a beating. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back