• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Neo Co2 biological system with fish?

DioramaDieHard

Hi, I have a 45l nano cube and wanted to add some supplemental co2 to grow out the plants in there..... was thinking of the neo co2 system since it is a small tank with mid power light. My only question is since it cannot be shut off at night, will it affect the fish? Do I have to keep removing the diffuser at night(that seems impractical). Any thoughts or experience with this system?

I recently set up my first co2 system on a nano tank. Same as you, I was concerned about the overnight period. So I went with the CO2 Supermarket nano system, as it comes complete with a solenoid.

I honestly think that once you get started with CO2 you will end up going back to get a full on kit anyway.
I messed about with diy systems etc and now have the above setup like G mac above.
Ive trawled the internet and theres loads of things that make it look easier, cheaper blah blah but they are also a PITA as well.
And they have no solenoid.
I like all of the diy routes but it was inconsistent. That was my issue.

What ever you end up doing its all good fun!
Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

Hi, I have a 45l nano cube and wanted to add some supplemental co2 to grow out the plants in there..... was thinking of the neo co2 system since it is a small tank with mid power light. My only question is since it cannot be shut off at night, will it affect the fish? Do I have to keep removing the diffuser at night(that seems impractical). Any thoughts or experience with this system?
Yes, Co2 gas concentration may well affect fish!
You can run 24/7 put you will need to have gas exchange from a filter outlet of some sort, or a small air pump.
Best purchase a Co2 drop checker....although this has a lag time for the actual reading.

Back