• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Neon with Ich

IJLFishy

Hi

I started treating my tank for ich on Friday with aquacare Anti-White Spot and Fungus which I believe is rebottled NT labs med of the same name and have increased the temp to 28 Celsius. A few of the fish were developing white spots most easily seen on the translucent fins. This particular neon also has some fading of his blue stripe.
PXL_20230818_143134073.jpg

Today most of the ick spots/parasites seem to have dropped off and the (as with the other fish) and no new ones appear to be developing so I'm hoping the med is working. However this particular neon blue stripe appears to either be becoming paler/greyer or at least not improving and I'm worrying about neon tetra disease or something else that might also be affecting this fish. He's schooling with the others but seems a bit irritable.

I've included some photos.

PXL_20230821_101552808.jpg
PXL_20230821_101555975.jpg
PXL_20230821_102136127.jpg

They don't usually group down here but they seem to be afraid of the camera.

Can anyone help?

The tank is a fluval flex 57 with 12 neons and 4 rcs.

Thanks

Just to add all the neons are feeding well (including the one with the faded stripe) and hasn't changed since treating for ich. In fact despite feeding them twice daily they go after the shrimp food too.

Looks to me like they are on the mend, just be careful to follow the instructions and finish the course of meds as white spot has a cycle and when they drop off they will have produced hundreds of offspring which need to be controlled before finding their way back on to your fish.
Cheers!

Back