• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New 190 litres tank

Achilles1

Hi all,

I've read many journals here and thought it was time to start my own. It is à Dubai 1 metre aquarium with 2 x 39w t5 lamps and a Back to Nature backwall (don't know what the correct english word is). I purchased à second hand JBL e1500 filtre.
I plan to use Akadema soil. Aim is to create a Jungle type aquascape with CO2 and pieces of spiderwood. I will try to give regular updates

jutyjahy.jpg
8agu4a7u.jpg
qesy2e8y.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

Hello,
Congratulations on your acquisition. However I am always wary of tanks configured with 3D background. 3D backgrounds are under my personal (unverified) suspicion of causing disruption of flow/distribution, which typically leads to plant health problems. Of course you can do what you wish, but I would suggest to remove the background and perhaps to mount it externally for similar visual effects without having to risk the distribution penalty..

Cheers,

It's true that it looks like a Juwel tank but it is slightly larger and , from what I've heard, the build quality is a little better.

I bought the tank second hand and the background was already in place. I'm not to keen on removing it. I'll see how it goes with water distribution. My filter has a large capacity and I can optionally place a second smaller filter if needed. I'm only concerned about the space behind the background since the water will come there too. I'm worried that this dead water will have a poor effect on overall water quality. I've to find a way to keep this in motion.

Anyway, my new toys:

azy9abuq.jpg
bu4yqaja.jpg
uda3y3e2.jpg
7uhymuna.jpg
3uqubyre.jpg

I know this diffuser is not the best solution for distributing Co2 , but my girlfriend will kill me if I spend another dime on this hobby of mine anytime soon. So it will have to do for the time being.

My spider wood is watering now. So it'll be some time before another update.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

I actually really like in tank diffusers I find that if flow is correct then you can get great distribution and you don't get the cloudy look you get from in lines :) can't wait to see it planted up

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Back