• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New and Newby

goodiehard

Seedling
Hi All,

Started my first planted tank a week ago. Did a lot of reading and found some nice info on this forum!

Started with 125L tank. 2x T5 28watt lights. CO2 install with solenoid and timer. substrate is kittylitter and some sort of sand I found in a pet store.
NB. already posted a question on the forum about different substrate 'cause the litter isn't doing it for me. And as it turns out the sand is some sort of limestone, bubbles like crazy when I throw vinegar on there... ah well, live and learn. I like the scaping of the layout so doing it over is not a chore.

Here's a pic.
eaf9s4.jpg

Nothing fancy as far as the plants go. The smaller white stones are flat riccia pebbles tied down with musquito netting. Top left is a big riccia float, couldn't find any in the stores but some very nice people on the dutch Aquaplant Exchange forum were nice enough to share a couple handsfull with me. (so I'm keeping some on the side in case anything goes wrong).

Live in Amsterdam in the Netherlands. So LFS info and sites in the netherlands and stuff anyone has questions about or just curious send me a PM.

Anyways. Thank so far for the articles and info.

Ciao
Alex

Back