• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

new co2 bottle and new fish

Harkle420

Just picked up a new 1.5kg co2 bottle 80 squid and 7 galaxy reborosa( is that how you spell it) 15 Squid from my LFS!Happy days, :D but no money for the rest of month. That is my fish budget for the next 3 months :p

co2 are liquid devliery not vapour, so was worried about damaging my regulator+ i wanted a spare bottle because i can not find a LFS which carry bottle in stock, only send away to refil. This takes a week if i time it right and some time if my bottle runs out on a saturday, i have too wait until the next friday until the shop can send it off!! 2 weeks no co2 not good! algae blooms city!!

This thread is all good, but i got a free jbl proflora 2 from a mate. If i damage my regulator, have to replace and i have heard that you can only use offical jbl one as they need to fix my solonid. I have also heard that FE are not 100% co2 and carry some flame retarded chemicals in them. This is probadly not true, but was not prepared to bet my livestock on it!! Got my spare bottle and i am chuffed to bits with it!
Do not see my galaxy rasborsa much, they hang out at the back of my tank. I think the male pencilfish has beeen chasing them for his corner at the front. I just see dashs of them now and then! lol

I think the JBL proflora does use a different size connector so you have to buy their tanks right enough.

Just thought I'd mention the possibilities as £80 for a bottle of CO2 seems quite pricey. If you're happy with your setup and it works then thats defo all that matters!

Hopefully the rasborsa's will get a little more confidence as time goes on and will come out more!

You got any pics???

Tis a bit of a jungle and i do not see my livestock much!!i have amano shrimp somewhere?? Just give it time, good things come to those who wait!! lol!!

Its exactly the jungle look I want lol

How long has your setup been running?

I can't wait to get mine started, have to wait till december to do it though as I'm stuck out here in afghanistan :(

Been running for about eight months but only got going four months ago. went crazy with tropica catalogue. A few of the bigger shops near me do tropica plants. I would buy three and put four in my bag. I do not want to encourage shopplifting, but i know what shop pay for tropica ( a mate in the trade) bigger shop make enough profit, i would never do this to a small shop. The cypt wenditti `tropica` on the right i have had for a few years. Finally got a carpet going HC Rules!! never had luck with Glosso. May try some four leaf clover at some point in the near furture! When the funds let me i would like to upgrade my light, i only run two T8 would like some T5`s!!
You in afghanistan !! WOW Army?? Whats the weather like?? If you are starting in december and i can help please ask?

Back