• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Eheim Canister

I’ve just seen this. Shame it’s only in the 250 at the moment. Someone at Eheim has been (partly) reading my mind. Two things I hate about some filters is a lack of carrying handle and an attached power cord. I corrected the first issue on my 250 and 350 and now Eheim have corrected the second issue. Maybe I should have sent them a picture of my filters?! 😂

This is the new boy.

IMG_0513.jpeg

if they dont copy that, then the world has gone mad.
if they do copy that, at least you have witnesses!

Such a nice looking filter. I wonder if its difficult for companies to add heaters? Imagine Oase have a couple of patents?

Si

Apparently the new ones have an app or something so they will send you an email when they are getting clogged. That is a very unappealing feature to me! I chose to run eheim classics because they are simple and reliable and adding wifi functionality is the opposite of that. I don't want my fridge or my washing machine to connect to the Internet either; it's an added expense, it's another component that could fail, I'm unclear if there are security implications, and I don't want another app and login to keep track of. Maybe I'm in the minority...

Apparently the new ones have an app or something so they will send you an email when they are getting clogged. That is a very unappealing feature to me! I chose to run eheim classics because they are simple and reliable and adding wifi functionality is the opposite of that. I don't want my fridge or my washing machine to connect to the Internet either; it's an added expense, it's another component that could fail, I'm unclear if there are security implications, and I don't want another app and login to keep track of. Maybe I'm in the minority...
Just bought a new dish washer that has an app. Couldn’t get to work so we called the store and they sent someone out to check it. Turns out the app was malfunctioning and it couldn’t connect to our wifi so it wouldn’t wash our dishes. Needless to say we returned it for one that lacked online capability.

Last edited:
Where would all the good aquarists be if it wasn't for the amazing feature that is wi-fi in an aquarium filter?!...

.....nobody? :arghh:

Hi all,
That is a very unappealing feature to me! I chose to run eheim classics because they are simple and reliable and adding wifi functionality is the opposite of that.
Where would all the good aquarists be if it wasn't for the amazing feature that is wi-fi in an aquarium filter?!
I may have an investment opportunity for you - <"pump in a bucket" by luddite">.
Eheim used to make heater versions of these filters.
I <"still use mine">, although I'm not sure the heater still works.

cheers Darrel

I'm sure these canisters have new BLDC pumps I've been reading about. Apparently they are the bees knees and can change through many different power and output modes. Shame about the WiFi maintenance bits.. surly another gimmick that will cause more issues than solve.
I'm hoping the quality of the components are better than the professional 4+s, all plastic and very flimsy.

Just bought a new dish washer that has an app. Couldn’t get to work so we called the store and they sent someone out to check it. Turns out the app was malfunctioning and it couldn’t connect to our wifi so it wouldn’t wash our dishes. Needless to say we returned it for one that lacked online capability.
The problem with a lot of these wifi compatible gadgets is that they work on 2.4GHz only and struggle to identify the the 2.4GHz signal in mixed 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz, which is what most dual band routers do. Giving them separate names creates two networks and that defeats the object. Take my Maxspect controller. It absolutely refuses to connect to our dual band network.

Back