• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New filter old media

Anderwrw

My current filter a jbl e901 is playing up and the shop I bought it from have said they will have to send it off for repair as it's 6 months old and still under waranty I have a spare fluval 304 which I could use but it's been out of use for 6 months I have checked it and it is working as it should so my question is this can I take the media out of the jbl put it in the fluval and just run that while the jbl is off for repair or is that not a good idea

No reason why not, just drop as much of the media into the 304. If it was me, I'd dose FFM daily for a week after changing the filters over.

Martin.

Hi zlibrka the pump head has an intermittent fault where it will slow down then speed up on its own it only started doing this 2 days ago I thought there may have been something wrapped around the impeller but when I opened it there was nothing there so I guess there is a fault with the motor somewhere

Martinspuddle said:
No reason why not, just drop as much of the media into the 304. If it was me, I'd dose FFM daily for a week after changing the filters over.

Martin.

Hi Martin apologies for being dumb but what is FFM

Sorry, I should have said, any filter aid product, there are many on the market.

Martin.

Back