• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New journal [short term] ISLAND UPDATED 7/4/2011

Re: New journal [short term] ISLAND

1013959.jpg

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/376/z75.mp4

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4245/hgr.mp4

Damn it is looking lush! Everything is just perfect, and I bet when you get them huge crypts it'll look even better! Stunning tank mate

Re: New journal [short term] ISLAND UPDATED 1/4/2011

Have to say that its looking awesome. totally natural look to it.

chilled84 said:
Comments welcome as always. :D

Going back to the very first pic before it had grown in.... I like the way the sand was open to the left. Like the beach was on the left and forest on the right. Now it has grown in it looks lush, but you have lost your forest meet beach feel. So I would be brutal and remove lots of plants (maybe even all of them) from the sand.

Just an idea.

Don't get me wrong, this is looking great just as it is and would make a great candidate for your from this to this thread :thumbup: :clap:

Before, open:
chilled84 said:

Now:
chilled84 said:

a1Matt said:
chilled84 said:
Comments welcome as always. :D

Going back to the very first pic before it had grown in.... I like the way the sand was open to the left. Like the beach was on the left and forest on the right. Now it has grown in it looks lush, but you have lost your forest meet beach feel. So I would be brutal and remove lots of plants (maybe even all of them) from the sand.

Just an idea.

Don't get me wrong, this is looking great just as it is and would make a great candidate for your from this to this thread :thumbup: :clap:

Before, open:
chilled84 said:

Now:
chilled84 said:

I totaly agree matt, I have lost my beach lol. :( If only i had this with 1ft of tank more to place the sand into the layout. I have thought about this like you just mentioned. I just wish i started my layout just like it is now, But with the beach more prominent, and more into the 3 to 1 ratio i was going for 1 sand 3 forest. Hope that made semse lol.

That makes sense mate.
It is amazing how things get swallowed up as the tank grows in. Don't beat yourself up over it, it still looks good :)

a1Matt said:
That makes sense mate.
It is amazing how things get swallowed up as the tank grows in. Don't beat yourself up over it, it still looks good :)

Thanks mate. im still faiing to grow rotala lol. On the right i wanted it large by now lol. It just wont bloody grow, Im however in the process to get my hands on some t5 bulbs for the starter i just bought. Maybe that would work.

Ok. Little update. Added 2x39w T5 bulbs. Have to say 2 days in with T5's, And wow, Amazing, Plants have not stopped pearling. Paired up with the inline atomizer and back with ferts, The tank is on fire. Although i still have BBA! Grrrrrr.

Enjoy the pics, Comments welcome as always. :D

tanknew002.jpg

tanknew004.jpg

tanknew005.jpg

tanknew007.jpg

looking good chilled, coming on nicely now! Its really starting to have a great natural and grown in look to it.

Back