• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New plans, finally got me opti. 80x40x40

Do you know what I think a few of the local villagers didn't make it back before it closed and now we're stuck with them.:D

3aza5a3u.jpg
e2yteju8.jpg
just having a play with phone camera settings.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk now Free

Got bored again. Didn't want to spot dose algae wither crs stool all the wood out to scrub it off. Then thought I may as well lay things out so it's easier to clean and the small amount of co2 should get round better. Lost most of my moss since stopping ferts and turning off the co2. whilst cleaning thought I may as well cut the wood up something I was reluctant to do....
mynamata.jpg

5utuvydy.jpg
y7yquma7.jpg

a4y4e3u5.jpg
ydeha7u6.jpg
qa5ege8y.jpg
qa6y9e3e.jpg
not sure if I like it yet but the shrimp seem to. Just playing around with the crypts as they are new plants to me.. Cheers Kirk.

Boredom is the mother of reinvention! Nice job

Just thought I'd pop a few pics of what's going to be our son New planted rili/cherry 45x32x32 low Tec tank. His current tank has a heavy scrape in the middle of the front glass. So today I've mostly been ........pacing up and Down waiting for some beautiful crs to turn up/
evu6uhu2.jpg
son and I didn't like the base strip so I've keyed it up masked and hopefully when he's home from School he'll be chuffed.
8u2uju2y.jpg
I've a shed full of aerosols ( no I'm no banksy) just we have a pound shop that had a load of plasticote.
ryqyqumy.jpg
went for black vynl to match the fluval clip on.
u7a6eped.jpg
oh no what have I done hope it look ok when substrates in.
jy8y7uba.jpg
few!! I like it. I'll put I few more pics up when our son has scaped it.

Looks much better Kirk. I've got a similar tank and if I ever use it again I'll try that, the silver plastic looks really crappy.

Hello mate,thanks, I did I think it would be distracting from the internal low Tec beauty but was carpy yes:D I'm terrible for rushing things but my son for an 8 yr old is a patient man, just pic them up from school and he wants to talk scape he's planning the wood as I mash buttons on this Phone.

.. After 4 hrs of patiently introducing the New arrivals they are already feeding happilY exploring there New home, I'd like to say a big thankyou to idcgroomer ( Lindy) for being so helpful generous and supplying the healthy and seriously under priced crs/cbs. very apriciated especially on my budget. Here's a couple of pics of the little beauties...
y6y4ubu6.jpg
gu9ydeju.jpg
big momma checksq em out.
nynu6aza.jpg
ede9adu4.jpg

Hi all, things are picking up now plant wise,and the shrimp are fattening up nice:D has been a few changes ie removed plants that were not fitting in with each other, well I never managed to get them right so after a year of moving certain ones around to no avail they are in our sons tank. So here's a couple of pics I've just taken of our sins tank and our main tank. Enjoy sons tank .
ge8y8ate.jpg
u9yryvud.jpg
main tank
e7ypa7en.jpg
a3yqamez.jpg
bymydeha.jpg
ahy6abaq.jpg
I have been struggling with the balance of things, gradually Upping co2 reducing ferts, lowering light a smidge weekly, has been challenging when you love these crs so much:D

Attachments

• ge8y8ate.jpg
    ge8y8ate.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 76
  • u9yryvud.jpg
    u9yryvud.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 84
  • e7ypa7en.jpg
    e7ypa7en.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 74
  • a3yqamez.jpg
    a3yqamez.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 78
  • ahy6abaq.jpg
    ahy6abaq.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 89
  • bymydeha.jpg
    bymydeha.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 80
They are looking good. Tank not bad either!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Got bored again with the layout. It's just this time of year being in the lounge too much:D I thought it was looking a little flat and wanted some hight. I'm not sure about the pointy 3rd peice. It looks better to the left of the two chunky ones but that's for another day when I have some scaping rock or dragon stone to build up a bit when I fix the wood to some
yza9y3un.jpg
resa6eny.jpg
slate or it will fall over.:) I'll get a better pick when kids are in bed as the lightings reflecting off the glass.:) ta for looking.

Attachments

• yza9y3un.jpg
    yza9y3un.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 77
  • resa6eny.jpg
    resa6eny.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Reactions: tim
Definitely better with the height added using the wood kirk. Looks a little more natural. Might look good with a few various species of echinodorus at the back or surrounded by crypts.
Whats the grass plant. Is that from my chocolate box? If so looks healthy

You are thinking exactly what I was thinking. Needs filling in at the base to enhance the natural look. Yes that's the plants you sent me they are doing well so far algae free too.:) thanks for you kind words mate.

byva8eju.jpg
debuhy2e.jpg

Attachments

• byva8eju.jpg
    byva8eju.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 76
  • debuhy2e.jpg
    debuhy2e.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 83
Went out and got some more baby poo(akadama:D) spent a hr crushing it finer between two boards on the floor sandwiching the stuff between whilst stood on the board rotating to powderise some.. Added around base of wood to build up. Here's the pics.
ehagehy9.jpg

Attachments

• ehagehy9.jpg
    ehagehy9.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 80
Back