• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

new set up when to start dosing ferts

Hi,
depends reallywhen you do your water changes. If you can do them say first thing on a morning BEFORE you dose ferts anyway, then dose afterwards the rule of ei providing in excess will theoretically be providing enough nutrients until tomorrow as it were. However if your going to be doing water changes on an evening and you have dosed in the morning i would say add a half dose to top up the 50% of water you have renewed (or proportionate amount to water volume changed). Hope that makes sense.
Ady.

Thanks Ady will it be ok to dose both micro and macro together then for the time being?

rehman73 said:
Thanks Ady will it be ok to dose both micro and macro together then for the time being?
It is advised not to do this to avoid precipitation of some of the ferts. Funnily enough i am currently having a few issues which may well be down to dosing macro and micro one after another on the same day. My advice is to dose Macro one day, micro the next. APFUK suggest macro, micro, macro, micro, macro, 2 rest days, then start the cycle again.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Thanks Ady for you response.i allready know the schedule on dosing the ferts its the same thing on fluidsensor website,what i cant get my head round is,for example on monday i do a large water change then i dose the macro then on tuesday morning i do another water change and i dose the micro, because iv'e done the water change then i assume the macro is no longer in the water so how do i go about doing this? Should i not dose for a week due to the large water changes in the first week and then start dosing from the second week any body?

Well if you do say a 50% water change then the macro content will have reduced by only 50% so there will still be the other 50% in the water column. In the early stages we do water changes frequently to reduce ammonia and organic build up whilst the plants arnt at full growth capacity ie when they are in transition and 'getting their roots down' as to say. The Plants effectively realistically wont be utilising all the nutrients until they have settled, plus EI is to provide in excess so you will have no problem. By the time you have cycled you wont be doing every day water changes, and will have reduced their frequency over the next three to four weeks so this will no longer be an issue and will give greater acess to the ferts as the plants begin to grow in earnest.
Hope that makes sense.
Ady.

Back