• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New setup once again (input welcome)

Frenchi

Hi ppl
I'm off again with a new setup it's the fluval fresh f60, the filter is ready seeded with old filter media, I've added a nice root and a couple of rocks for decor, the rocks on top of the root will be coming out once it stops floating..
I've used dennerl as a base and jbl m' something ha! As I top coat
Live stock is 5 crystal reds and about 10 platty fry...
I have co2 running for 20hrs a day and dosing with with Ei fertz

I am looking to put a nice shoal of around 7 or 8 small fish to compliment the colours but I'm unsure of which fish will be ok with shrimp and won't harm the plants?

Look forward to your suggestions

Thanks
Mick
ehymedar.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A nice carpet around the front would look good. Why are you running co2 for twenty hours though ? How long are the LED's on for ?

A nice carpet around the front would look good. Why are you running co2 for twenty hours though ? How long are the LED's on for ?
The co2 is an experiment carrying on from a small tank I had setup with co2 running constantly 24/7 and I never got one algae issue at all so I thought I'd try the same in this tank but with a 4hr rest period ..
I currently have the light on for 8 hrs a day ..
I'm hoping the grass I planted spreads fingers x'd :)

Hi that was a quick sett up!! Can I ask why you are running co2 for that length of time with crs? As you probably know they can be sensitive. Are you using ro.?

I had a very mature filter but waited four weeks before adding crs and still lost a few.:( I'm not sure if your substrate will leach, maybe some one else can confirm as I've not used it. Do you wish to breed the crs? Cheers kirk.

Hi kirk
I run it for that length of time to help prevent algae growth .. Maybe I'm wrong but I tried it on a experiment tank and didn't seem to get algae at all .. If it is just a coincidence I hope someone will correct me and save me money in co2.
I'm not using RO water just declor tap water with a ph of approx 7..
I will do plenty of water change until the tank matures and hopefully I won't loose any, I added a full tub of clear aqua balls and a sachet of purigen.
I wasn't intending on them breeding but if they do it will be a bonus ..
Cheers
Mick

I've been looking for very small shoaling fish for a 65ltr tank. My hypothetical favourites so far are glowlight famous or green fire tetra. Max growth 3- maybe 4cm, schools of five or more. Not tried to source them yet, though. I read the danio are only just starting to take off in captivity breeding, having only been found in the last decade or so, then briefly protected while wild stock levels were investigated. If I can't find them, I might have to go with white mountain clouds. Don't want a very colourful fish for this particular tank.[DOUBLEPOST=1396646143][/DOUBLEPOST]Famous = danio autocorrect. Her.

I've been looking for very small shoaling fish for a 65ltr tank. My hypothetical favourites so far are glowlight famous or green fire tetra. Max growth 3- maybe 4cm, schools of five or more. Not tried to source them yet, though. I read the danio are only just starting to take off in captivity breeding, having only been found in the last decade or so, then briefly protected while wild stock levels were investigated. If I can't find them, I might have to go with white mountain clouds. Don't want a very colourful fish for this particular tank.[DOUBLEPOST=1396646143][/DOUBLEPOST]Famous = danio autocorrect. Her.
I got 5 of these little beauties they a very under rated fish IMO they really do shoal well together

unytezeh.jpg

Hi
microrasbora galaxy are fantastic fish, but they are extremely shy, so much so that in a 54liter tank with 25 micros I almost did not see them for 3 months

I had to rescape the tank just too see these fish

in a bigger aquarium, you will rarely see them

Hi
microrasbora galaxy are fantastic fish, but they are extremely shy, so much so that in a 54liter tank with 25 micros I almost did not see them for 3 months

I had to rescape the tank just too see these fish

in a bigger aquarium, you will rarely see them
These are always at the front for me especially at feeding time, I added some really nice rice fish they all shoal well together

They must just like the look of me :) ... Haha.. Maybe try feeding a little less they will surely show themselves when hungry ;)

Just another update ... I'm not 100% happy so if you guys could help in the way of it taking a better shape I'd appreciate it plz :)
ymu3aze9.jpg

It's seems to be growing ok though

It's looking good IMO mate, foreground needs to fill in a little more, maybe the back is lacking more stems or some juncus repens or cypres helfri to cover the heater maybe what's needed.
Thank you :)
The HC (I think that's what it is) at the front right for some reason bunched up for ages then it started to spread toward the grass I didn't know weather or not to cut it down flat again I thought it may kill it !
The grass is really struggling to spread but I've been having a few problems with my co2 reg ...

Back