• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

new setup

a rix

Hi all iam in the process of researching equipment i need for my first proper planted aquarium and was looking at co2 systems. Now I've found a complete system at aquarium gardens for £100 anyone used these and are they any good.

Many thanks Anthony

They look rather good have you used them at all

the co2art and aquarium gardens stuff is pretty similar, not sure you can really recommend one over the other! obviously there is the option to spend a lot more on co2art, but then thats not really a fair comparison

Hi Greenfinger2. I'm in the process of gathering the gear for a new set up. Just out of interest how long do your soda stream bottle last roughly. I was concidering getting a 6.35kg bottle from Rival gas for £80.00 (£50 deposite) as it works out more cost effective in the long run. Effectively the equivalent of 14 soda stream refills.
As for co2art I plan to use them for all my co2 hardware. I've only heard good things about their products and excellent service!!

Hi Greenfinger2. I'm in the process of gathering the gear for a new set up. Just out of interest how long do your soda stream bottle last roughly. I was concidering getting a 6.35kg bottle from Rival gas for £80.00 (£50 deposite) as it works out more cost effective in the long run. Effectively the equivalent of 14 soda stream refills.
As for co2art I plan to use them for all my co2 hardware. I've only heard good things about their products and excellent service!!

Hi JPT, Sorry cannot help you there They have not been running long enough to run out yet I would think about 6 months ????
Wow 14 bottles that would last a very long time :) That would cost £140 in soda stream bottles at £ 9.99 a refill so with the cost £50 deposit plus £80 £ 130 works out a little bit cheaper.But you would not need to refill the bottle for a long long time so less hassle there :cool:

As you said Co2 Art great products and fantastic service :thumbup:

Sorry Greenfinger2, I didn't word that right. The bottle deposit is £50 the gas is £25, £75 in total :)It's welding grade, but from reading around, there seems to be little difference between this grade and food, medical grade? but I might be wrong. Have you any thoughts? I'll probably get a soda stream bottle and adapter as back up for when the cylinder and needs replacing.
Sorry A Rix for crashing your thread. Incidently there's a reasonable clip on YouTube of an Australian chap talking through his soda stream set up with a professional dual stage regulator from co2art. :thumbup:

Back