• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Tank Small white bugs?

belly259

Hi all currently just finished fishless cycle of my new tank setup, Water tested now ready for some fish.

On looking closer at the tank i have noticed some really small weird looking white bugs, mostly on rear of glass near substrate, I think there a very small ones on front but there tht small its hard to tell. Plants and tank have been running for around 5-6 weeks.

Any ideas what they are and shoud i be worried, picture is very hard to get as of size, but there seems to be a lot of the little things ?????? :?

where they come from ? never seen em before , they anything to worry about ?

they do look a bit like planaria but not as big / long, but where have they come from, i have read it says uneaten food, but i think i have put about 6 flakes in about 6 weeks and weekly wc of 30%. And also no fish ???????

belly259 said:
they do look a bit like planaria but not as big / long, but where have they come from, i have read it says uneaten food, but i think i have put about 6 flakes in about 6 weeks and weekly wc of 30%. And also no fish ???????

Plants as eggs on them most likely, heard bog wood is also a common introduction. Can also be food, if you feed dried foods. Doubt it will be flakes.

i feed dry food, bog wood i have but soaked for 2 weeks and cleaned plants, Whats the best way to clean plants.

Was going to add fish today would tht be ok

belly259 said:
i feed dry food, bog wood i have but soaked for 2 weeks and cleaned plants, Whats the best way to clean plants.

Was going to add fish today would tht be ok

Add your fish, no probs, free food.

Very hard getting rid without chems, some say soak in carbonated water for a night but not sure that kills eggs only the bugs themselves.

I had the same, no fish, just snails, and had Nematodes. wondered where they ccame from, but if you have plants certain its from there. Quarantine would just be gestation period maybe. Hence not seeing them.

Fish actually I found is the best control method, added some guppy fry and within days none could be spotted, can see fish picking them off. Soon as I took out 3wks later tank is full of them. Only issue is have shrimp babies so holding off on the fish fry.

Back