• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New to planted tanks

NattyAntlers

Hello all.

Having had many years ago an adventure with a 4 foot tank with just chiclids and rocks and a lot of BBA to just last year being given a small 10l tank for my daughter.

Since then upgarded first to a 30l then to a 60l and finally (as I really have no more room) my current 90l planted with a lot of help from here and almost all hardware including tank from ebay, still have problems with BBA, must be the tap water around here.

Still got a lot to learn and even more that I read goes right over my head but will get there eventually.
My family think I spend to much time on the tank and my friends joke about what a bore I am (what do they know :D )

Here is my tank after a good clean of BBA.

http://s1167.photobucket.com/albums/q629/NattyAntlers/?action=view&current=Roma90l.png

Welcome along,
looks like a nice set up and you certainly wont be classed as a bore here :thumbup:
Cheerio,
Ady.

Yeah, Were all bores.

I think of it as more intensive gardening.
It can certainly be as costly and time consuming :lol: and lots of people like gardening. So I cant understand why planted tanks are more common. I just looked on here and was hooked.

Anyway, Welcome to the gang of boring people, who are that hooked on natures raw beauty, that we spend all our time, money & sanity replicating exactly that.

Thanks for the welcome.

Living in an apartment its the closet thing to my own garden that I will get for now.
Maybe the Chelsea flower show should start showing tanks as well as the ponds and water features they have now, that might raise the profile a bit and be a boom to business.

Dont get me wrong the inhabitants are just as important if not more so, just like a outdoor garden with the exception of the pests and I wouldnt put the plants before the fish, hope saying that is not a cardinal :D sin on here.

Its all about getting the harmony right I guess.

Back