• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New to UKAPS and planted tanks... Hi!

Tank is around 3 months old, fish wise I have 1 Betta, 6 Zebra danio's, 6 Glowlight Tetra and 6 Oto's.

I was planning on keeping shrimp but I have heard horror stories with shrimp and Betta's.

I have an idea of how I want the layout to look, just hard to explain it, I will post a picture in this thread soon of how it is at the moment.

Still learning, made a few silly errors so far plant wise including a melting hygro which I understand was a light problem.

Still enjoying it despite any setbacks.

Last edited:
20160411_173525.jpg
20160411_173549.jpg
20160411_173556.jpg

Light is twin 24w t5 ho 1 growth red, 1 10k white that I have only just upgraded to a few days ago, was using the standard t8 15w that came with the tank before.

Tank is a rekord 600 63l.
Powerhead is a 300 l/h gonna upgrade to a 500 l/h though.

Substrate is 2 layer, tetra complete substrate with tetra active substrate on top, root tabs used also. (I really do not like tetra active substrate at all, mainly color and grainsize, too light and too big)

That tiny little plant at the back left is all thats left of the hygro siemensis 53b that melted, and looks to be making a comeback now.

The plant doing well in the back middle at the moment is a Hygro Rosanervig, going to pull that up and plant new stems in a more organised way.

Planning some shorter stem plants to plant just in front of where the 53b is now, with a carpet along the front, over on the right I am going to put some crypts behind that rock so the dark tips of the leaves just hang over it.

All I really need then is a plant to go in the back middle, whatever short stem plant I use on the left I will use infront of whatever plant I put there.

Still debating on baclground, a bit too late to paint it, thinking of getting a plain black poster or something as the current background does not look right.

Nemo was a compromise, he is the reason I have the tank haha.

It is all very much work in progress, there is some grass I need to move around a bit and a few other little niggles etc but the basic layout is exactly how I want it.

Last edited:
Back