• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

new venture blackwater non planted tank

alanandmary

Seedling
hi all,

i know the site is for planted tanks but thought i would share this here as i was inspired by george farmers rio blackwater altum angel set up i found on google image search :)

the tank is 48"x18"x18" 216 litre

tank is 3 side viewable dividing front room and dining room :)

filter is 2000lph external cannister filter with 9watt uv
300 watt heater
lighting is over head t8 6500k white tube and t8 blue tube for night time

used sumatra driftwood which i got from the green machine

granite rocks

sand substrate

almond leaves

alder cones

and fish are

8 corydoras metae
2 bristlenose plecs 1 albino 1 normal colours
2 assassin snails
2 large amano shrimp
6 altums when they arrive
20 rummy nose when they arrive :)

pics

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

comments and critics welcome will update as i go :)

very nice, i often wish id done something like this with my 240l tank. look forward to seeing the fish in there.

Where are you getting your Altum's from? I can't wait to see pics of them when you get them.

I do however believe George's tank was filled with a wild type of Scalare and not Altum's.

Andy

aw right cool i didnt know that

a guy who used to work in paddock farm water gardens up north is getting them on special order from columbia there costing me a small fortune mind and its been a nightmare getting p.h down to 5.5 but its all ready now for the arrival :)

i cant wait i have no idea on the size they will be until they arrive so fingers crossed there not massive they are arriving 3am thursday morning so im told :)

I have 3 wild Scalare myself and have often been tempted by the leopoldi angels. I think Altums are the ultimate though so good luck. Do a search on the journal sub forum for Tony's Triassic Hollow he is a member on here that has some amazing Altums.

Andy

alanandmary said:
aw right cool i didnt know that

a guy who used to work in paddock farm water gardens up north is getting them on special order from columbia there costing me a small fortune mind and its been a nightmare getting p.h down to 5.5 but its all ready now for the arrival :)

i cant wait i have no idea on the size they will be until they arrive so fingers crossed there not massive they are arriving 3am thursday morning so im told :)

Is that mark your referring to? Heard he went to billingham? He was absolutely fantastic with fish knowledge. Could tell you anything about anything.

yea it is mark mate i did reply but it aint showing up lol

anyway update time,

the altumns arrived sadly only 2 survived the trip here so ive ended up with 2 and 3 normal striped angels

also got a group of 16 rummy nose tetra and added some java fern

looking to add a pair of german blue rams also :)

heres some pics

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

2 video's

th_IMG_0151.jpg
th_IMG_0156.jpg

Back