• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Newbie ideas...

Kye88

Hi,

First post here.

Im looking for some ideas for my first attempt at a planted tank.

Got a bit of trimming on the wood to do to keep it around the same height. Im going to cover the "crossbar" bit of the wood with some Vesicularia ferriei, i like the look of some tenellus around the base of the wood.

Im looking for some ideas for short carpeting plants and some more feature type plants to add around the right hand side as i think the left hand side already looks fairly busy, any suggestions? 240L tank so i do have a bit of room to work with. 15515960_754253128063162_1917231926_o.jpg

Thanks in advance
15515960_754253128063162_1917231926_o.jpg

Photo gallery here might give some inspiration/idea's.
Nice wood pieces.

Hi Kye88! I am so much a newb and can not offer any knowledgeable comments......... but I like your tank....... especially the intake and return setup. Did you drill it? Does it connect to a canister filter? My thoughts are racing away with the potential that setup offers!

Hi Kye88! I am so much a newb and can not offer any knowledgeable comments......... but I like your tank....... especially the intake and return setup. Did you drill it? Does it connect to a canister filter? My thoughts are racing away with the potential that setup offers!

I initially thought it was a great idea, before I decided to do a planted set up now I just think it looks horrible in the tank but it does work well. It came like it as standard. It's a Roma240.

You have a gorgeous looking tank! I like the idea of it being drilled.......it just looks cleaner to my eye. My opinion is based on "no experience" but I would consider modifying the intake with a 90 degree elbow and moving it over towards the rear left corner, running along the tank bottom. The plumbing would be easy to bury with substrate. The thought would be to ensure flow throughout without using a powerhead anywhere. (I am one of those people who get a new toy, then almost immediately take it apart to learn how it works and try to modify it. On a few occasions the mod didn't work as anticipated and Tracy then asks; "what's wrong with you"?) I like the drft wood! One of the oddities that I am encountering is the creation of stunning hardscapes that eventually disappear under plant growth. Any new photos? Mind if we follow along?

Back