• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Newbie question

albwalbw

Seedling
Hello this is my first post so please be nice.I have just got a fluval mini co2 kit 20g and after setting it up I am unsure how it works,and wondered if anyone has any experience with the system? You have to fill up two reactors and then they slowly empty(not sure how this defuses the co2 into the water?), will this not make there be a spike in the co2 levels in the tank?
photo.jpg

Thank you in advance for any help

Dan.

hello mate welcome along everyone here is nice. those seem ok for small nano tanks as long as you keep them topped up. the co2 is meant to slowly devolve in to the tank. then you top it up throughout the day. if you tell us a bit more about your tank im sure the guys on here will tell you everything you need to know and help you to your goal. good luck

Thank you for the warm welcome :) I have a 23L fluval edge just got a few neon tetra and some rcs, I have been running this co2 kit for a few days and I have a jbl drop checker but it never seems to go any colour other than dark-light blue(Don't know how much of a difference it makes but it is uses tap water that has prime added it to).Does anyone know if I can butcher this system and use it with a different reactor,my only concern is that I don't think the regulator is very good and not sure if I will be able to get a consistent flow of co2?!? Im almost tempted to cut my losses on this system and go with a yeast based system, any suggestions?

Thanks Dan

Welcome to ukaps
The fluval mini is a pressurised system but I think the reactor is pants and the 20g bottle won't last that long
You might be able to get larger bottles for this like the ones used on paintball guns
The reg is ok but no solenoid so has to be used 24/7
Best get a nano ceramic diffuser loads on eBay cheap
And put it under the outflow of the filter to get good dispersion and you should be fine
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back