• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

steve_bham

Seedling
Hi been looking at the website for a few weeks so thought it would be best to sign up and say "ello"!

Im in the process of setting up a 100g sumped tank with 2 x 150w halides, co2 injection, UV and a ecotech vortech.

All the above was used for my previous marine set up but as nice as a marine tank is there is still something about a nicely planted tank that can't be beaten!

It all cycled and has a few plants, rocks, bogwood etc and 20 neons, no browsing sites to work out what plants i want.

So a big ello from me :)

Steve

foxfish said:
Welcome to the forum, there are lots of X marine tanks on here, sumps burn gas at a hell of a rate so you will need a really big cylinder!

Yeh I bet! Luckily I can get my hands on them from work so no problem. (Thankfully!)

One think I need confirming is the Tmc regulator and solenoid, it has two dials one is showing 70bar and other 2bar.

Is one pressure of co2 cylinder and other the working pressure through regulator?

I've got a disc diffuser rated for 400l. And a co2 drop checker.

Working well and sitting nice and stable.

foxfish said:
Well, good luck then, let us know how it all goes...
PS - a good maintenance free & stable way to diffuse C02 via a sump driving system, would be directly into the return pump....

You mean just put co2 line near intake of return pump?

foxfish said:
Well, good luck then, let us know how it all goes...
PS - a good maintenance free & stable way to diffuse C02 via a sump driving system, would be directly into the return pump....

You mean just put the co2 line by the return pump?

Ideally you would use a needle wheel pump to get a very fine mist but with some pumps the impeller will do the job fine.
You could just place the ceramic disc by the pump but I personally prefer to feed the gas straight into the pump.
What pump are you useing?

foxfish said:
Ideally you would use a needle wheel pump to get a very fine mist but with some pumps the impeller will do the job fine.
You could just place the ceramic disc by the pump but I personally prefer to feed the gas straight into the pump.
What pump are you useing?

Using a new jet 3000 return pump.

You can try it out & see how fine the mist is, I am not familiar with the pump but I assume 3000 means 3000l per hour, you have got 450l in your display so you might well need some more flow around the tank.
Are you using a spray bar to distribute the flow?

foxfish said:
You can try it out & see how fine the mist is, I am not familiar with the pump but I assume 3000 means 3000l per hour, you have got 450l in your display so you might well need some more flow around the tank.
Are you using a spray bar to distribute the flow?

Hi yes it's a 3000l pumped upto the tank. I also have a ecotech vortec, in main tank. Bit of an overkill but it was from my marine days!

Back