• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Newby - Sayin Hello

Atters

Seedling
Hi all,

Thrilled to find you guys and this fantastic site.

After a 15 year sabbatical I treated my 8 year old to a small set up a couple of years back and was amazed at the advances in the hobby. Although a very basic low tech system, I was able for the first time to keep some varieties of plants healthy!!

Thus re-invigorated and having now carried out plenty of research, I have an empty 330 litre aquarium and I'm itching to get going. Then I could not believe my luck when I found out about the 5th March and I have now delayed my start date. I'm sure I will gain so much from the day and I hope to meet up with and make plenty of new friends.

I have sold about 25 million pounds worth of lighting into Commercial, Retail, Heath and Education sectors over the years. So it is a topic I know a little about.

My aquatic inspiration I believe is called a "Dutch Aquarium" featured in the article "Estimative Index" posted by ceg4048. Its just awesome.

12.jpg

Hi Atters
Welcome aboard:thumbup:
You have came to the right place...if you want to grow healthy plants...even rare healthy plants...but I would go easy in the initial stages of set-up regarding lighting ;):woot::thumbup:
Cheers
hoggie

Thank you Nelson, Hoggie and Alto for the welcome.

Hoggie, LOL (in a serious moment) I intend to start off at 2x 54W T5 but on a timer at 50% for 2 hours - 100% 3 hours - 50% 2 hours for my 330litre - 55 gallon tank.

Alto the Stephan Monninghoff tank below has blown my socks off!!!!!
14573932640_b3615b8d52_k-jpg.3134.jpg

Martin, Clint, Wisey & Paraguay,

thank you for your welcomes.

Martin I actually had quite modest plans until I found this society, of a low tech Excel set up. I now blame Alto who pointed me in the direction of Pedro's Journal on Dutch tanks. Then ultimately the Stephan Monninghoff Dutch tank featured and pictured above.

I can only see heartache and grief ahead, but I now have a dream!!!!

Back