• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Newby to the forum

Steve Aspery

Seedling
Hello everyone!

I have been lurking around the forum for a few weeks now, leaching all the information here and lotterally drooling over some of the journals!

Thought it only right to register and say hello as I feel i have reached an important crossroads with my hobby.

Think i started 5 or 6 years ago now when i stupidly bought my son a bio orb to use as a night light, had a beta and only once all was set up and started to google about plants realised my errors... ditched that and had a 60 ltr in his room, beta and cherry shrimp and the most basic of stem plants... looked awful.

I had the bug though.. added a second tank to the house, an 80l in our bedroom... tried to go full aquascaper with sand and gravel... moss walls... it was a disaster, once again in my life i was running head on into a hobby with tonnes of enthusiasm but little experience and too excited to reaearch until after throwing money at things!

Next came a 125 which went quite well, was a dirt tank and followed guides on youtube, then came a 180 in he same room as the 125... then i added a 240 to the mix as well!

At which point spending hours a week with my arms wet keeping on top of my home aquariums i decided i had spent way too much money on the hobby without being smart and now just run a rather tired 180l dirt tank!

Thing is i have always known in my mind what i want, the iwagami style, the hc carpet... the dense lush plant growth...

So thats why i am here, this time its going to be right! Looking to do a an ada 60p or TMC signature 600 and go full on with it, well as much as budget allows which isnt much!

Certainly will be asking advice moving forward and look forward to sharing the journey from clumsy enthusiast to getting it right!

Back