Newsletter discussion

Discussion in 'General Planted Tank Discussions' started by JamesC, 13 Mar 2009.

1. JamesC

JamesC Member

2. Thomas McMillan

Thomas McMillan Member

It's a nice idea, but I don't really get the point of it when this is a forum and we can just hear about events etc here anyway? :?

3. Superman

Superman Member

I would of thought that it'd be the best bits of what's been on the forum, might help those that don't have chance to browse the web all the time.

4. Ed Seeley

Ed Seeley Member

We were hoping it would add to the forum with info about UKAPS events, updates about what's been going on plus some featured tanks and possibly some extra, special features when we get going.

5. JamesM

JamesM Member

Newsletters tend to go straight in my spam bin... will this newsletter be published on the main site? Might be worth considering as search engine bots can pick up the info too then.

6. JamesC

JamesC Member

Yes, all newsletters will be published for all to see. Most likely on the main website.

A lot of people don't often read the forums and so would miss out on a lot of what goes on here. But they may wish to be kept informed of what is happening with UKAPS and in the UK aquatic plant scene. Anybody can subscribe to the newsletter even if they aren't a member of the forum. You don't have to subscribe if you don't want to, the choice is your's.

James

7. JamesM

JamesM Member

Yeah, that sounds great, James :)

8. Thomas McMillan

Thomas McMillan Member

Ohh I see. :D I am goin to sign up anyway, I was just curiious as to how it was going to differ much from the actual forums because that hadn't really been explained.

Cheers guys ;)

9. StevenA

StevenA Member

Thats a great idea. I subscribe to the Money Saving Expert newsletter, which I receive each week and it lists all the best bits from the web site. It's just nice to be kept informed when I can't look at that forum very often :D Quite often there is one or two bits in the newsletter I would like to have further info on without having to trawl through the whole website to find them.

10. JamesC

JamesC Member

I can see that quite a lot of people have registered for the newsletter with most having activated their account. There are a few though that haven't activated yet and am wondering if this is because they didn't receive the activation email.

Could I ask that anyone who has registered but never received the activation email to contact me. The most likely reason for not receiving the email is that is has been filtered out by a spam filter. Could you check your spam emails first please.

Thanks
    James

11. Aeropars

Aeropars Member

James,

I registered but never received an email and I dont have spam filtering on the account I used.

Lee

12. JamesC

JamesC Member

Your activation email should arrive within seconds of registering. I'll activate your account from here.

James

13. JamesC

JamesC Member

Mmmmmmm. Noticed nearly every single unactivated account is either hotmail or googlemail. Coincidence? perhaps

James

14. YzemaN

YzemaN Member

I use Gmail and I received the confirmation mail straight away

15. vauxhallmark

vauxhallmark Member

Same here.

M

16. Mark Green

Mark Green Member

I have received my activation email at my HOTMAIL account, but when you press the link ' Nothing Happens' :(

17. JamesC

JamesC Member

Copy the web link and paste it into your web browser. If you can't get it to work then PM me your email address and I'll activate you here.

James

18. Mark Green

Mark Green Member

This has solved the problem :D

Cheers for the advice James

Mark

19. gratts

gratts Member

Hi James - I never received an activation email(hotmail account)..

20. JamesC

JamesC Member

PM or email me the email address you used to register

James