• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nicks 4x2x2

Looking good Nick :)

I'd trim the grass about 4 - 6 weeks after setup, then again at around 12 weeks. After that its a case of trimming when you think it needs it. The early trims will help encourage the plant to send out more runners..

How have you planted the java fern?

some of the JF is in my other tank at the moment with some HUUUUUGE anubias (some have 5 rhizomes all about 10cm in length - which i cant use so will have to sell)
the rest of the JV is hiding around the wood. its just above the substrate at the moment but i might raise the wood its sitting on if it doesnt like it.
havent had much new growth but it hasnt died! :lol:

Nice work Nick. You are making quick headway. I remember this was an empty tank just a short time ago.

I'm following this thread with great interest as my next tank will be a similar size... But 100kg or substrate!!! That's gonna sting the wallet...

I still have painful memories of buying the sand for my 6 x 3 x 2 reef tank many years ago...

yup not cheap stuff.
when i trim the hairgrass do i literally mow everything or try to leave the new shoots?

Back