No bubbles when solenoid cuts on

firstman

Member
Joined
10 Sep 2008
Messages
32
Location
United States
Hi all,

I just received a used Milwaukee ma957 w/solenoid. Followed the instructions I found online and set it up. I am having trouble with no bubbles coming out when the solenoid cuts on in the morning. If I adjust it so that I get bubbles, then they won't stop coming out when solenoid cuts off. I have had (1) day where everything was ok. Cut on/off as supposed to and was happy. That was yesterday. And now today no bubbles this morning again. :twisted:

Short version of what I am doing:Open regulator knob valve fully, open main tank valve fully, plug in solenoid, open needle valve, close regulator knob to approx. 10lb., unplug solenoid, attach tubing, plug in solenoid, and adjust.

Seems simple enough. As I am adjusting I can unplug the solenoid and the bubbles stop. Plug it in and they start again. Come in the next morning after they were supposed to be on for an hour. Nothing. I have almost had enough already.
 
Joined
14 May 2009
Messages
316
My JBL set has a 5-10 minute lag when it turns on but it switches off ok.
I think the reason for this is that I had water syphoning back into for some time (maybe i'm wrong and these solenoids are water proof). Have you taken the hose off of the solenoid to check for moisture ?

Cheers
James
 

TLH

Member
Joined
15 Jan 2009
Messages
183
Location
Northants
I'm no expert but it sounds like you may have some grit or dirt in the solenoid. Can you blast it clear with a compressed air line?

You shouldn't really open the valve on your reg all the way, just turn it enough to get 1-2 barr. The valve on the bottle only needs opening as far as to show pressure on the high pressure side of the reg, probably 1-2 turns. Only open the bottle valve while the reg valve is backed off (fully turned out anticlockwise) otherwise you may damage the dial.
 

firstman

Member
Joined
10 Sep 2008
Messages
32
Location
United States
TLH said:
I'm no expert but it sounds like you may have some grit or dirt in the solenoid. Can you blast it clear with a compressed air line?
Only have canned air. Will try that.

TLH said:
Only open the bottle valve while the reg valve is backed off (fully turned out anticlockwise) otherwise you may damage the dial.
Yes, this is what I meant by 'fully open'. Guess this is wrong terminology. Fully backed off is what I meant. Was a bit frustrated at time of asking for assistance. ;)
 

seawolf

New Member
Joined
15 Jun 2009
Messages
13
I had aproblem like this last week, changed bottles as i thought old one was too low for the regulator to work properly, it wasn't that.

Turned out to be as simple as the non return valve was broken, the little rubber thing inside which was meant to block one of the holes had somehow manged to block the other one instead, the system had been running fine for about 3 months till then. then overnight the non return valve failed

hope its that simple for you too
 

firstman

Member
Joined
10 Sep 2008
Messages
32
Location
United States
When you say 'return valve', are you talking about the check valve you put on the silicone tubing or something else entirely? :oops: Sorry for the dumb question.
 

BINKSY1973

Member
Joined
13 Nov 2008
Messages
201
Location
Oxford
firstman said:
When you say 'return valve', are you talking about the check valve you put on the silicone tubing
Yes that's what seawolf was talking about, it is known as a Non Return Valve, only lets the CO2 past it, and stops the water flowing back to the solenoid etc.

Cheers Gordon.
 

firstman

Member
Joined
10 Sep 2008
Messages
32
Location
United States
BINKSY1973 said:
firstman said:
When you say 'return valve', are you talking about the check valve you put on the silicone tubing
Yes that's what seawolf was talking about, it is known as a Non Return Valve, only lets the CO2 past it, and stops the water flowing back to the solenoid etc.

Cheers Gordon.
Ok thanks. I have only seen/heard them being called a check valve.
 
Top